Five Inches of Rain

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
In my rain gauge this morning. From around 3pm yesterday until after mid-night we had some real downpours with thunder and lightning. Not much wind at all with the storms and that was good. I saw a video from Atlantic Beach at noon today, the whole street was flooded where you make the turn at the stop light to cross over the bridge to Morehead City..We were over there in that same exact area visiting with some of the wife's family members who are down for the week yesterday. We headed back home when we saw the storm clouds approaching..

I also hear there was flooding in Morehead City and Beaufort as they had the heavy downpours as well...

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
3/10ths of an inch in my rain guage for the whole 48 hours, we are in a very dry summer around these parts.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
We had it pretty heavy yesterday. I looked out when it started and my dogs where outside there house sitting in about 4" of water. I am starting to think they are less than intelligent. I had to rescue them even though the barn door was open.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Our darn Dogs are so spoiled with staying in the house they will not even go into my shop even though I leave the lift up door open for them...On the cement just in front of the middle door this morning was a small Frog about an inch long. I guess he got up there to keep from drowning during the rain. We live in a very sandy area and right now you would never know we had all that rain yesterday and last night..

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
We are all clay. I have a 3" drop to the cement pad out back and it almost came inside even with being on a slope. It looked like a waterfall out front on the street.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
RDU say we only got 3.7" during the past 7 days but I swear I got that much yesterday afternoon / last night !

nc rabbit hunter

Dry at my place!Rain loves the concrete jungles for some reason.

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
I went out this morning to put check my feed sites and check my corn stock pile that I have and when I was walking away I looked down at some spilt corn thinking squirrels would of cleaned it up but its sprouting.

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
In my rain gauge this morning. From around 3pm yesterday until after mid-night we had some real downpours with thunder and lightning. Not much wind at all with the storms and that was good. I saw a video from Atlantic Beach at noon today, the whole street was flooded where you make the turn at the stop light to cross over the bridge to Morehead City..We were over there in that same exact area visiting with some of the wife's family members who are down for the week yesterday. We headed back home when we saw the storm clouds approaching..

I also hear there was flooding in Morehead City and Beaufort as they had the heavy downpours as well...

I was in Beaufort the other day when they had the 3" of rain in a couple hours and all the streets flooded. We were at the maritime musume and of course parked on the other end. Lets just say I may as well have jumped in and swam back I was soaked! It did not appear it was going to stop so we had no other options.

curdog

Ten Pointer
Contributor
We could use a little rain at my house, it seems to go around me. I burned my field off today and it definitely acted like it was dry.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I was in Beaufort the other day when they had the 3" of rain in a couple hours and all the streets flooded. We were at the maritime musume and of course parked on the other end. Lets just say I may as well have jumped in and swam back I was soaked! It did not appear it was going to stop so we had no other options.

Yeah this is the second time Beaufort has flooded this past week, the news showed a man walking into his seafood market with water up over his ankles inside his building. Morehead also flooded in places Thursday with all the rain we had. Just heard the weather girl say Monday was a good prospect for more rain our way..

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah this is the second time Beaufort has flooded this past week, the news showed a man walking into his seafood market with water up over his ankles inside his building. Morehead also flooded in places Thursday with all the rain we had. Just heard the weather girl say Monday was a good prospect for more rain our way..

Gonna be another strong cold front coming in early in the week!