Fishing rod rack

Hazmt

Six Pointer
Been trying to catch up on years of "honey-do's" lately. Last week, my daughter and I tackled the shed. After living at the same place for over 20 years, stuff piles up a lot. Part of the problem is when you don't have a specific place for 'stuff' to live. After spending a half day removing everything, sorting it up , tossing junk and cleaning the shed, it was time to determine what was going to live in the shed- Beach stuff, dirt bike stuff, trapping stuff and fishing stuff. I didn't realize how much fishing stuff I had until I decided it had a home to go to . I sent the kids on a fishing stuff scavenger hunt and the pile kept growing -fishing stuff in my office -in the garage -under the shed -Wow! This stuff must have been breeding every time I closed a door and turned off the lights! The most difficult gear to stash away neatly is rods, So I found a few pieces of the treated lattice left over from repairing the back deck. I ripped it in two and nailed it to the rafters (actually 2 shelf/lofts built in the rafters). This is made for rod storage! It took 30 mins from start to finish looks great. My daughter was very impressed...

.IMG951461.jpgIMG951463.jpg

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
I made one similar using 2 1/2 inch PVC....cutting it into short pieces to put rod butt in and then hanging the other end of the rod on a hook.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Cool setup.
I used gas pipe and made a hanger that the rods set on, maybe 6' wide. Works great.
I only had room for on layer.
Used flange to tie in then 6" stub to 90 deg to a 6' section and another 90, 6" stub to flange.
They have worked great for 25 years. Each will hold 30 rods or about 20 with reels.

One thing I wish I did was cover the iron pipe with PVC or pool noodles.

LIZZRD

Eight Pointer
a couple of masterminds here , lol . have mine running length wise between my garage doors
. My kayak slides from that 'island' onto/into my truck bed. ( close to same height)

Attachments

• 20200416_185457.jpg
    20200416_185457.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 31