Fishing Rhodhiss 9 Oct 14

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Gave the deer and coyotes a break today. My older brother and I went to Rhodhiss Lake bass fishing. Arrived just as day was breaking and within the first 5 - 10 casts we both had caught a 12 inch bass and he had lost another one just a bit smaller. I though today is going to be our day. Not to be. The next four hours we didn't get a single strike. We first fished down the lake. After the long dry spell we moved up the lake. Not much better there. He finally wound up catching two and losing 4 or 5. I caught 7 and only lost one.

About 5 p.m. we came out of a cove and headed back down the lake. Looked back behind us and man did that sky look dark and angry. We discussed heading to the docks but leaving a lake with daylight remaining is almost a sin so we stayed and kept watch on the clouds. It began to clear up back up the lake but still angry looking right over us. It started to rain very lightly and the temperature was agreeable so we kept fishing. Didn't rain enough to hardly wet our shirts.

About 6 p.m. I caught the fish of the day, 16 inches and 2 lbs and 14 oz. I caught it on a red, green punkinseed 5 inch worm. We caught most of them with diving crank baits, deep baby N, color was gelcoat or a dark green back, white belly with a red throat.

Not the best day ever on the water but any day fishing is better than working. LOL.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Spending some quality time with your brother is worth it I'm sure even if you don't catch a single fish, but you did...Glad y'all had fun..

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i know what you mean i hate going and not catching them.

better luck next time. like the deer it'll get better as it gets colder.

Last edited: