Fishing Report Wrightsville Beach

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Fished with my buddy from Louisburg for the last 3 days twice on Mercer's pier and once at the Inlet on the south side of the island. We didn't do any overnight fishing so I don't know how that was. But during the day fishing was slow but there were a lot of different fish caught. There were, of course lots of pinfish along with some really nice blues, some trout, mullet, ladyfish, spadefish, puffers, and maybe a couple of Spanish mackerel and two Kings. Lots of folks were using cut mullet or pinfish and shrimp. We used fake bloodworms which didn't do too well, cut bait and shrimp. Some blues and the Spanish were caught on gotcha plugs but most were on two hook bottom rigs. The winds were out of the north and brutal and a 4 oz. weight rolled around like an empty beer can. You can't see everything in the cooler but the blue was good eating size and one of the puffers was good sized. Anyway, it was a good time with a buddy who doesn't get down that often and it was better than sitting home on the couch or cutting grass.

Attachments

• me pier.jpg
    me pier.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 38
  • pier pass.jpg
    pier pass.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 50
  • tom's blue.jpg
    tom's blue.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 53