Fishing rental/charter recommendations Northern Outer Banks

w4sar

Six Pointer
Hi All-

Going to a family reunion the first week of July in Corolla. Can anyone recommend boat rentals for sound fishing in Manteo? How about ocean charters out of either Manteo or Oregon Inlet?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I'll second the recommendation on Risky Business... Used them for years till we switched to going to Gulfstream. We caught a pretty good variety over the years those tile fish are delicious. Those guys are fun to fish with

NC Sea Donkey

For Inshore bluefish, Spanish mackerel, cobia there are a lot of good guys in that area of expertise, my top four would be Devin Cage - Poacher Duke Spencer- Capt. Duke Troy Crane- Maurader or George Munden- Sea Hunter 2 they are also top notch for tilefish, amberjack and other reef fishes
If you want redfish, trout, or flounder I'd go with Dave Lusk- Salt minded fishing Marc Kearns- Rock On! or Gaston Williams- Overdrawn fishing.
I've fished with all these guys and them some, all are great guys and will do all in their power to whack some finned critters

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Boat rental on the Manteo/Nags Head causeway..Fishing Unlimited.
http://fishingunlimited.net/RentalBoats.html

For an inshore/nearshore charter trip, Aaron Kelly on the Rock Solid.

FYI... if you are interested in a charter you might want to book it pretty soon, as most of these guys stay pretty busy that time of year and the chances of getting a spot are slim if you wait until the last minute..

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Most of the boats out of the OI fishing center are top notch though I don't know how good the stream fishing is in July, early you may be OK but I think it does slow down as the weahter warms up.

w4sar

Six Pointer
Thanks to all that have responded so far. Definitely plan on a rental for sound fishing, and to do some surf casting. Awaiting consultation with the other participants on whether we will book a charter soon. Oh, and if we don't succeed, I have found a nearby seafood market <g>.

Last edited: