fishing in may

Deerhunter

Six Pointer
I am going the outer Banks first week in May is the fishing any good then we have a house on the sound side right on the water

NC Sea Donkey

I'll be full well honest, the first week in May is a shot in the dark. It all depends on what winds/weather we have that will either raise/lower the water temp or clear/muddy the water up. Usually in the end of April/early May surf fishing on north obx is just kicking off with a decent sea mullet run here or there, as well as good puppy drum runs and speckled trout in the ocean and on ledges or structure in the sound, ditto for flatfish. I.e bridges/docks/duck blinds. This is your average early May bounty unless your willing to throw some $$$$ around and venture offshore (those boat's books are filling up as we speak FYI)

redbow

Ten Pointer
Don't know how close you will be to Buxton but if you are close and you have a steady SW wind you need to get to the point. The big drum should be there.

duckmauler

Eight Pointer
if I were you, I'd do more than read a guides report... Just my opinion... Plus, after this week, it'll be an interesting spring snd I'm betting the specks will be off limits

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
if I were you, I'd do more than read a guides report... Just my opinion... Plus, after this week, it'll be an interesting spring snd I'm betting the specks will be off limits

Specks have already been rolling over in some of the creeks. The next few days will be the tell all when others get out and look around.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Specks have already been rolling over in some of the creeks. The next few days will be the tell all when others get out and look around.

I'm afraid it isn't going to be good for the Specks. Its been cold for too long already and in the morning down around 10 degrees for the Emerald Isle area then another cold day and night or two before it warms up a bit..

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Going out on Tuna Fever the last week of May....a rescheduled trip from September, can't wait!