First River Otter on Camera

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Is that hyperfire 2 covert an IR camera? It's a Reconyx right? They have a "black" model? Is is the covert the black model? I notice the animals have no clue it's there in the videos. Quite a few trail cameras alert deer during the videos.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Cool clips. I know one them that yote passed between them 2 saplings almost every time you could remove him no problem

JoeR

Eight Pointer
Is that hyperfire 2 covert an IR camera? It's a Reconyx right? They have a "black" model? Is is the covert the black model? I notice the animals have no clue it's there in the videos. Quite a few trail cameras alert deer during the videos.
It's the new Reconyx Hyperfire 2 Covert. If you get one for video, get the Professional Model. It can do videos longer than 10 seconds.
It has a great trigger and microphone.
The video is pretty clear for both day and night vids. That's hard to do, because IR light will have a different focal length than color shots. You normally have to choose between well focused day or night vids, of have both of them mostly unfocused. I am betting they put a corrective lens in their IR filter. If not, I don't know how they do it.
The LEDs are probably in the 940nM range. You can't see them at all in the dark. They have good range, but have a bit of spotlight effect. It only lights the center of the video. It's the first commercial camera I've ever bought that doesn't spook yotes and bucks, including previous black flash Reconyx cams.
Joe

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Yup take care scent and couple strategically placed traps you'd get a yote lot critters though might have really think through where put it

JoeR

Eight Pointer
I'm gonna start trapping on this property in a couple of weeks. This particular spot is blown at the moment though. Someone set up a tent-style ground blind right in the middle of this path. All activity on this camera stopped.
I thought the blind was set up by the owner's nephew, but it was an uninvited guest instead.
Joe

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I'm gonna start trapping on this property in a couple of weeks. This particular spot is blown at the moment though. Someone set up a tent-style ground blind right in the middle of this path. All activity on this camera stopped.
I thought the blind was set up by the owner's nephew, but it was an uninvited guest instead.
Joe
Sounds like you need a trespasser trap