First one in Virginia.

rescue934

Twelve Pointer
My uncle leases 1000 acers near callaway virginia, it borders the blue ridge parkway. I have hunted it a few times with him, but just couldn't afford a license. So this year the licence was an early Christmas present.
The deer are chasing very hard here right now. Deer all over this morning. I saw what I think was this deer right at dawn on a doe but couldn't tell if it was a shooter for his property.at about 8am I see him at about 175 yards walking up a logging road that would bring him out at about 20 yards from me right on the 4 wheeler path. He walked straight up the mountain to me. No dragging today. Very blessed to be able to take this deer, and to be Hunting with my cousin. He is 100% disabled navy veteran.

Attachments

• PXL_20201122_151009238.jpg
    PXL_20201122_151009238.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 192
  • PXL_20201122_144906099.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg
    PXL_20201122_144906099.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 186

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
My uncle leases 1000 acers near callaway virginia, it borders the blue ridge parkway. I have hunted it a few times with him, but just couldn't afford a license. So this year the licence was an early Christmas present.
The deer are chasing very hard here right now. Deer all over this morning. I saw what I think was this deer right at dawn on a doe but couldn't tell if it was a shooter for his property.at about 8am I see him at about 175 yards walking up a logging road that would bring him out at about 20 yards from me right on the 4 wheeler path. He walked straight up the mountain to me. No dragging today. Very blessed to be able to take this deer, and to be Hunting with my cousin. He is 100% disabled navy veteran.
Congratulations.! Nice buck and a beautiful view!

DFisher

Eight Pointer
Calloway, what a great place. Spent a lot of time there with relatives and at the racetrack. Cool story!