First it was the flounder, now this??

Trappertod

Six Pointer
New Bluefish limits going into effect in February....only get to keep 3. Thanks Roy and all the other politicians to contributing to the demise of salt water fishing.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
New Bluefish limits going into effect in February....only get to keep 3. Thanks Roy and all the other politicians to contributing to the demise of salt water fishing.
Pretty sure it's a federal thing and not the typical state fisheries bs..

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Yes Federal regulation. Atlantic states fishery commission.

People who love to keep everything they catch will not be happy

Last edited:

Trappertod

Six Pointer
We don't keep everything, but I love to eat fish. I prefer nice filleting sizes personally.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: CRC

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
I don't think Georgia or SC is changing their limits though.

So folks could go there and still catch 15 fish?

Last edited:

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
That's one of my favorite king baits from a kayak. Will we still be able to keep our 3 alive for that purpose?

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
ok but what if I don't keep them per se, I just hook a treble hook through their nose and their back and catch a big ol' king mackerel.... asking for a friend of course

LawDog

Ten Pointer
The small blues are good to eat if you bleed them and cook them that day. Man they get so thick at times that we get tired of catching them.

Trappertod

Six Pointer
The small blues are good to eat if you bleed them and cook them that day. Man they get so thick at times that we get tired of catching them.

I used to never eat them based on what family had told me over the years. We tried them one time and they have been on the menu ever since, but they are best fresh. I fillet them and cut that middle vein out of the fillet and that is good eating.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
Maybe berkley is behind this. I know if you try to use those overpriced gulp they last about two cast before the dam bluefish bite the tail off. There definitely isn't a shortage of them so there has to be another reason.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
I've never targeted bluefish in my life. I've caught plenty while targeting other species, but never once did I put one on ice, nor have I ever eaten bluefish. Not saying I wouldn't eat it if someone cooked a fresh batch, but that opportunity hasn't presented itself. All that said, I'm asking because I don't know......How many people will 3 average sized bluefish feed?

ibgreen

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
In the past I would catch a mess of them, poach them and flake them into fish cakes for the freezer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Once again, until the recreational side rises up and come together on this we will continue to get bent over with no lube. It's a crap regulation change, and once again the quota has been shifted to the commercial side for years....

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Once again, until the recreational side rises up and come together on this we will continue to get bent over with no lube. It's a crap regulation change, and once again the quota has been shifted to the commercial side for years....

Exactly and the mom and pop commercials fall in the same category. Get rid of the big trawlers limit it to vessels under 20’ inshore. Small time commercials are getting screwed same with recs but their demise is they are standing with the wrong group, the big commercial interest. It’s exactly what the big business side wants.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What better way to trim down the economic impact of coastal recreational fishing than to make bag limits so meager that it isn't worth putting the boat in the water. If it isn't worth putting the boat in the water, then they aren't going to buy a CRF license either. Once license sales drop, the Recs with lose much of their voice.
Could that be someone's goal?