First hunt

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Going with some friends in the Morning for my first duck hunt and it’s looking good drove by this morning and saw several woodies and geese In the water and a mallard. Any suggestions so that I don’t look like a total idiot (tall order) other than the basic don’t shoot low birds type stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Going with some friends in the Morning for my first duck hunt and it’s looking good drove by this morning and saw several woodies and geese In the water and a mallard. Any suggestions so that I don’t look like a total idiot (tall order) other than the basic don’t shoot low birds type stuff

Shoot low!! Unless someone is setting up directly across from you.... Water swat the hell out of’em if you get a chance
-Keep your face down...
-Let someone else call
- wait till they are in range before blasting

SM270

Ten Pointer
Don’t get hooked. It’s like crack you can’t get enough. My advice is to stay home you will love it. No in all seriousness have fun and what I try to tell guys I take for the first time. Just like doves focus on one birds at the time. Watch it fall and go to the next.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Aint a thing in the world wrong with a good ol water swat as long as no one is across from you. It just takes patience to let them get that low and not be tempted to shoot early.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Keep your face covered...wear a camo hat of some sort and don't moon pie the birds. Other than that, basic courtesy (don't shoot across your buddies face, don't shoot the decoys...)

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
image.jpeg

I spent six hours in a duck blind today. I've haven't heard truckers swear that bad.

One guy was a retired cop and never heard more screwed up stories and laughed my balls off hunting in my life