First groundhog for the year.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have been looking but have not seen any yet in my neck of the woods. After the warm up next week, they definitely should be out and about.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve been taking out a few on our Va farm. They’re getting wise to my tricks, I’ve had to break out longer range stuff.

The ole .22 WMR has been gathering dust. Been burning up the H4895 out of my .220 Swift though.

Think I’m up to 12 confirmed kills and 3 possibles.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve been taking out a few on our Va farm. They’re getting wise to my tricks, I’ve had to break out longer range stuff.

The ole .22 WMR has been gathering dust. Been burning up the H4895 out of my .220 Swift though.

Think I’m up to 12 confirmed kills and 3 possibles.
You are killing all the coyote snacks so now they are snacking on your goats.....

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You are killing all the coyote snacks so now they are snacking on your goats.....
Not my goats... I’ve got some mean azz Mama cows that don’t take kindly to interlopers.... coyotes included.

I’ve not seen near as many coyotes on our farm as the neighbors have on theirs, likely cause goats with their heads stuck in a fence are a lot easier to catch.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
I got fresh dirt from two burrows.

Won't be long before one makes a fatal mistake.

I got a cinnamon grizzly around here somewhere.

I want to have it stuffed standing with it's hands holding a beer coozy.
Ok, not the primo, but it is the first.

Attachments

• IMG_20210604_190528618.jpg
    IMG_20210604_190528618.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 11

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
Im reminding yall that if you havent eaten groundhog you are doing yourself and the animal a disservice. Best pot roast or stroganoff you ever had.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Im reminding yall that if you havent eaten groundhog you are doing yourself and the animal a disservice. Best pot roast or stroganoff you ever had.
My granddaddy used to make some sort of “medicine” out of their grease , used the hides to make shoe strings and supposedly a new banjo head once… he said they ate them a lot when he was a kid.
I’ve eaten them in the past, but they have more value to me as barter goods than table fare these days.

Natebonebusta

Eight Pointer
I’ve bagged a couple. First at about 15 yards due to being a newly emerging kit. The second was about 68 yards from the pond dam easing out of the den.

Attachments

• 8378BF73-3D0A-4ED6-BE75-FC932808026B.jpeg
    8378BF73-3D0A-4ED6-BE75-FC932808026B.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 13
  • AF094D0C-0A73-4097-8D5A-A2D218E760EA.jpeg
    AF094D0C-0A73-4097-8D5A-A2D218E760EA.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 13

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Been a while but I spotted a little one yesterday that had moved into a vacant prime hole. He made the mistake of sticking his head out this morning and I was ready.

IMG_20210731_113614.jpg

Lakedog

Button Buck
I'm another swift shooter. But I need some help locating places to hunt. I'm a 77 yr old VN vet 00% disabled. I get around ok just no hill climbing. Can you help me find a place(s) to shoot a few?

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have seen a few on the shoulder of the road while driving but have not seen one out and about around home yet but I have been keeping an eye on the usual places. Just a matter of time......