First GoPro video

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nice work. Seems like GoPro's are revolutionizing the world of video because of it's versatility. The underwater capabilities are probably the coolest part. Maybe one day I'll try one.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Nice video man! What kind of rig were you using?

On a side note, (and I'm not trying to sound like a know it all, this is for anyone who might be unaware) always make sure you wet your hands good before you handle trout. Dry hands remove the protective "slime" on their skin that protect them from infection and disease.

I always do. The only reason I didn't dip them in the second video, was because we were fishing in a deluge and my hands were wet the entire time.

As for the rig, on the Davidson I usually fish midges in the winter. You want to go small with small tippet when the water gets low and clear in the winter. When the water gets high and as dirty as it was in the second video, I used a Girdle Bug and San Juan, or anything big and bright.

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
We made a fourth video, except this time I let my buddy wear it. Water was much lower and clearer this go around.

The video is not defaulting to HD, so click the gear in the bottom right corner and make sure that 1080p is selected. It details how clear the GoPro picture quality really is.

[video=youtube;u2ml4iYKqtw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ml4iYKqtw&list=UU1fMjNyZlVdKV5FSEXlyyyA[/video]

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
I wouldn't post running all those STOP signs. LOL

I gotta have me one of those, helps you catch a fish on every cast. LOL. Those things really must be good. LOL

I have never seen anything posted about the GoPro that wasn't excellent.

Congratulations on some good footage and enjoyable fishing.

bugg

Eight Pointer
I always do. The only reason I didn't dip them in the second video, was because we were fishing in a deluge and my hands were wet the entire time.

As for the rig, on the Davidson I usually fish midges in the winter. You want to go small with small tippet when the water gets low and clear in the winter. When the water gets high and as dirty as it was in the second video, I used a Girdle Bug and San Juan, or anything big and bright.

Gotcha. Yeah the big nasties always do well in the high, stained water. I'm enjoying watching the videos, keep em coming.

Dthbyhoyt

Old Mossy Horns
Awesome ...

My wife is thinking about getting me the Hero 4 Black for my birthday in Feb , she asked tonight what accessories I would want ...

Last edited:

alt1001

Old Mossy Horns
Awesome ...

My wife is thinking about getting me the Hero 4 Black for my birthday in Feb , she asked tonight what accessories I would want ...

Lol, I bought and have used them all. (Extender, chest mount, head mount, etc) You will too. I did buy the Sportsman Mount that mounts on Gun Barrels and Stabilizer, but haven't used it.