First gobble of the year!

DozerD

Six Pointer
Sitting on the back porch this morning enjoying my coffee. The neighbors rooster was crowing and heard a bird gobble three times in response! Come on spring!!!

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Glad you head some gets the blood flowing of course they gobble all year long these are just teasers in about 5 to 6 weeks you'll get the main course started

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Yep, just gobblin cause they can right now. They'll be serious about it before too long.
Still, be nice to hear one though !!

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve heard them dead of winter below freezing... love to hear them BUT just doesn’t have the same “umpgh” to is as in the Spring

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
No, they don't. Especially in the spring when that hen is playing hard to get and they get mad.

I passed a group of about 25 right next to the highway on the way to church this morning with a big strutter spinning circles in the middle of them. I bet you could hear a few this week with the warm temps.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
There is definitely something about the sound of one rapid firing at ya that you can’t really appreciate until you’ve been chasin one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
The best sound in all the woods is the first peak of gobbling most all the toms are ready to breed but hens just not quite Jake's are gobbling in groups haven't been beat into submission yet. And what makes it the best is season hasn't opened so its the time when all the gobblers are still alive and unpressued. I look more forward to this scouting than I do actual opening day