First ever quail hunt

miketphoto

Eight Pointer
My son and I did our first quail hunt with a local guide this afternoon. What a great time. We bagged a total of 19. The unofficial count was Rob 15 and me 4 though he did try and claim less to make me feel better. I may be addicted. Great fun to watch the dogs work.

43374bba499e644890ef9cd1e07fd7bd.jpg

7662f32bbe271e0a5ee0f22538f8bf5c.jpg

gone_huntin

Four Pointer
Looks like you had a blast. Love the dog. I've got an 11 mo. old GWP I'm training to be a versatile dog. Hope to get him on some quail at some point.

miketphoto

Eight Pointer
Is that an outfitter hunt? I've never been quail hunting, and it seems like a blast.

Yes it was with Pinelake Plantation near West End, NC. Highly recommend giving it a try. It is a very pleasant way to hunt. We walked through the woods listening to Mr. Myrick tell stories or answer questions. Then the dogs would point and it was on. Then it would start all over. We started about 1:30 and finished about 4:00. Shot 19. Won't tell you how many shells we used. 😗

Ramblin Man

Four Pointer
For a real treat schedule a wagon hunt with Clayton. Carries you back to the day of a gentleman's bird hunt. You cover a lot of territory on a wagon hunt.

panama45

Wow I always wonted to try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk