First Brim of 2019!

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Scale the fish with a spoon. Cut the head off. Cut from vent to where you cut the head off. Pull guts. Flower and season. Dip in hot grease until it floats or golden. Let rest on paper towels or paper bag. Eat!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quackNcluck

Six Pointer
Scale the fish with a spoon. Cut the head off. Cut from vent to where you cut the head off. Pull guts. Flower and season. Dip in hot grease until it floats or golden. Let rest on paper towels or paper bag. Eat!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He forgot the most important part, grab a cold beer first and be sure and eat the tail---better than any potato chip ever made!

KrisB

Ten Pointer
I kept it simple, after really messing up trying to fillet the fish. Just a little salt and some flour. Fried the fish for lunch. I think I could have cooked it just a tad longer, but it was still delicious. :) I will try it with House Autry fish seasoning/breader and a cold beer next time, if I am so lucky. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190405_120319171.jpg
    IMG_20190405_120319171.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 86

Philjam

Spike
Tried cooking in butter at lesser heat to keep butter from smoking. It got black, crispy and tasted great, but took awhile and constant monitoring. Seasonings, coatings, are what you prefer. I like onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, touch of sage, and black pepper.

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
I like to gut and scale them then cook them over a wood or charcoal flame. Season as you like.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Filet the next one if large enough, light flour dusting, then dredge in egg and then go with the House Autry. After that I usually cook them in my Fry Daddy.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I attended the Malaysian Combat Tracker course "back in the day",,,,,during the extensive field portion them fellows would break out a net and seine for fish,,,,their cooking method was simple and effective,,,,

build fire
skewer fish from mouth to tail on a small green stick,,,
roast over fire till done
peel off skin and scales,,,and eat all that looks yummy!

funny part,,,they did the squirrels that we shot in the rubber plantations the same way!

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
IMHO the best way to fry any fish is with yellow cornmeal,salt,red&balck pepper to taste. Lard or peanut oil for grease.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
I used to fish with a guy that I worked with and he was a Bream fanatic. His saying was "If it's got eyeballs and an azzhole we keep it". To him, about 5 to 6" was perfect. He used scissors to trim the fins, gutted it, cut off the head and rolled them in cornmeal and egg. Cooked them in a cast iron Dutch Oven full of Crisco and stood there and ate em when they floated, one after another until he said "dats enough".... I miss that old man....

MyHrly

Six Pointer
Try Dredging in thick pancake batter, then sprinkle with your favorite seasonings, Baked or Fried...Delicious.