First big flocks..

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Good to hear. I’d tell you I’ve seen a fair amount of ducks two weeks ago but some people don’t want to believe it because they don’t see them with their own eyes. Lol

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
it will be a great season,,,,or at least it feels like it to me,,,,

working on some nice days this fall,,,but I see a light at the end of the current tunnel, and look forward to sharing time, stories, food, and hunts with some great friends this fall and winter,,,,

and I bet some ducks (and swans) die during those events!

44spec

Four Pointer
Traveling home last week from hunting out west I saw tons of ducks and geese in N Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin and on down through the Midwest to NC. A lot of large flocks and most every pothole or lake there was plenty of birds on them. I don't duck hunt as much as I used to but that got me really fired up. Hope its a good sign.

Willie

Twelve Pointer
I had a nice bunch of woodies and mallards behind my house over this past weekend and Monday morning, but haven’t seen them yesterday or today. May have moved on to greener pastures.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
Just returned home tonight from a great hunt in Alberta. Piles of birds still in Canada but it is starting to freeze up. Locals said they saw a really good hatch. Some Dare county guys and I killed limits of ducks and geese almost every day.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
There are birds around. Maybe not as spread out and in the numbers we would like to see but they are here. It’s going to be a good opener.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
I follow a few birding groups just for local migration reports. This is from this past week around Falls

Canada Goose- 13Northern Shoveler- 2Gadwall- 46American Wigeon- 8Lesser Scaup-
12Bufflehead- 1 female hanging with scaupRuddy Duck- 8

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
Alligator bridge this week - saw a large flock of I believe teal. Maybe 100. They were pretty far up but were starting to circle and come down.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
I follow a few birding groups just for local migration reports. This is from this past week around Falls

Canada Goose- 13Northern Shoveler- 2Gadwall- 46American Wigeon- 8Lesser Scaup-
12Bufflehead- 1 female hanging with scaupRuddy Duck- 8
how do you follow the birding groups?? I would like to do the same. Could be a good resource.