Fired up

Excursion

Ten Pointer
In the woods this morning at 6:15. All quiet with a slight wind. About 6:30 birds begin chirping and I can hear the occasional squirrel. No gobbles.... Then about 7:00 had one fire off about 200 yds away to the east. Mark that spot. Had another fire off to the south further away. Mark that spot. All quiet. Decided to try the owl hoot (been practicing). Bang. The bird to the east fires off. Thought I heard another to the south but was not sure. Nothing sounded off so I had to get headed home but decided to take a peek in the direction I thought I heard a bird. Slipped to edge of a rise and there he was in the roadway displaying for 2 hens. Slipped out undetected. Mark that spot. Walked back to truck uneventful. Drove around farm and saw 3 more birds in another field. Went home. NOW I am fired up. Discussed findings with the boys. Cant wait for youth opener.

Excursion

Ten Pointer
Went back in the woods this morning to a different spot and sat quietly drinking coffee. About 7:00 heard a distant gobble to the SW. 7:15 heard a hen. Gobbler started firing off to the North. He let it fly gobbling about every 2-3 minutes. Sweet sounds to my ears. Slipped out and went to another spot. Nothing. Started raining so I left. Drove around and saw 4 more Toms. Cant wait until youth week. Boys should do well.