Fire Pit Pergola

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I "won" a fire pit from one of my suppliers. My wife decided we needed a pergola. I didn't know what they were. After a little Web searching I figured out what I would build.

After a little work I finally got it completed.

Attachments

• 20190101_143840.jpg
    20190101_143840.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 20190101_162015.jpg
    20190101_162015.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 20190101_162030.jpg
    20190101_162030.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 177

RBR

Six Pointer
Always liked a fire pit, that’s a nice touch. Mine came in handy with all the leftover Christmas paper.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Thought pergola sounded like something you eat with Parmesan cheese grated over top, and a side of garlic bread

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I like it but would be worried about the wood over the pit with all the smoke, heat and grease from cooking.
Looks really good.

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
ii have the exact same pit....it has held up well for over 6 yrs now...I did put a pair of old andirons in the bottom to make fire building a little easier....never have used the grill for cooking, but it works well to dry out wet wood.... your seating is a whole lot better than mine too...hehe

BVB

Four Pointer
Looks great ! I have never really understood a pergola. All that wood, no shade, and you still get wet. I know they used to let vines cover them.
Just a random thought. Not trying to criticize your project at all. it looks great. Love the swings!

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looks great ! I have never really understood a pergola. All that wood, no shade, and you still get wet. I know they used to let vines cover them.
Just a random thought. Not trying to criticize your project at all. it looks great. Love the swings!

don't ask me, I just sleep with the boss lady and she said that's what she wanted. It was up to me to get it built.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I like it but would be worried about the wood over the pit with all the smoke, heat and grease from cooking.
Looks really good.

I thought about that but I figured if you were to stick a 4ft pit in a 10ft hole and kept the fire undercontrolled, it would be fine. the overall frame is 12x12 and like I said, the opening is 10x10. it should be fine.