Finished building Elevated box blind

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I have some scrap lumber around and between that and what I have to buy I'm going to build one similar to that.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Get it located, insulate and panel it, install a small passive solar panel for those really cold mornings and you're good to go.

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I picked up 4 sheets of plywood yesterday at the Restore to use for flooring and the walls I still need to come up with something for the roof.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I picked up 4 sheets of plywood yesterday at the Restore to use for flooring and the walls I still need to come up with something for the roof.

Have you seen any old above ground pools dismantled just laying around? The wall around the outside works great for roofing. The only drawback is that it will sweat and drip if you don't use some type of underlay.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
For future reference, you'd be much better off using all treated lumber. The design is great, tho. A tin roof is an easy, inexpensive finish.

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
For future reference, you'd be much better off using all treated lumber. The design is great, tho. A tin roof is an easy, inexpensive finish.
Mike,

I plan to paint everything, therefore the only treated wood is the legs which contact the ground. But thanks for you input! Treated wood was considered.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
A friend of mine gave me a couple of old plastic truck bedliners....they work great for treestands.
Maybe go to some local shops that do spray in bedliners and see if they have any they will give you.

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
29847 Finished the ladder this evening. Need to finish up painting and it will be ready to move to the club.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Nice....what kind of plywood did you use and how tall is it?

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Nice....what kind of plywood did you use and how tall is it?

The plywood came from the Habitat for Humanity Re-store. The legs are 6’ 4x4’s at an angle. It’s about 5’ off the ground . The inside height is just over six feet so I don’t bump my 5’-11” head.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Im going to try and find the cheapest plywood I can but all wood is high it seems.