finally,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
drew an early season permit for gameland I like,,,,lucky day,,,,

and just like that,,,,not gonna happen,,,

was notified last week we won some work I bid on,,,down in GA hiring folks and next week kicking that bad boy off,,,,so the ducks are safe one more year,,,,

shurshot

Ten Pointer
As hot as it supposed to be, you might not be missing a whole lot. I’m sure there will be some birds around, always are in Oct. Action might be only for a short time. One thing for sure, if you hunt oa costal draw be prepared to battle the skeeters! They have been awful lately down east.

Clark

Ten Pointer
Yeah, I drove 4 hours to one of the really good impoundments last week to teal hunt and killed a bunch. Of skeeters. Saw exactly 5 ducks and no teal. Drove 4 hours home. Kinda dims the enthusiasm... Wondered if the hurricane blew the birds out somehow?

kahunter

Eight Pointer
I miss the good ol days of october draws. We always got where we wanted and usually had a great hunt. Its a shame its so regulated and so hard to get drawn.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
KA, if the ducks were around like they used to be, most all of theses regs would never have come to fruition.
Imagine a 24 bird all drake wigeon limit in one of those now regulated ponds ....