Finally quit trashin

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Been a while since I have been coon hunting. Took Wild Woman Sue and Jack tonight.

Got on one quick and they put it up and yotes got on them before I could get to the tree. It didn't bother Sue at all but Jack said no more. That was his first dose and he didn't leave me the rest of the night.

Moved and Sue got on an old track and took her a while to get it going. When she did it was the longest track she has ever ran. She did a good job and put it up. I am happy as to what she has turned into.
IMG_0077.jpgIMG_0078.jpgIMG_0080.jpg

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They came in on them when they were treeing harassing them and ran them off the tree. If you haven’t ever heard it I really can’t describe the hell they can raise.

You seldom get lucky enough but if you do with a moonlit night or a red lens you get to put a bullet in one or two when they do it. I have only got to shoot them twice all the years I have been coon hunting. They know if you are there most times.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
They came in on them when they were treeing harassing them and ran them off the tree. If you haven’t ever heard it I really can’t describe the hell they can raise.

You seldom get lucky enough but if you do with a moonlit night or a red lens you get to put a bullet in one or two when they do it. I have only got to shoot them twice all the years I have been coon hunting. They know if you are there most times.

I can only imagine trying to deal with that at night. At least your dogs are a good size. I had a pair run my 8 month old Brittany to me bird hunting. Only one got away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Pics are awesome, I'd like to see that live eye one time....got mine squared away on squirrels real good, aint put her out on any coons yet, but Ive thought about it.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Pics are awesome, I'd like to see that live eye one time....got mine squared away on squirrels real good, aint put her out on any coons yet, but Ive thought about it.
Put you a couple feeders out. That is what I used to do when I messed with pups quite a bit. Let her get a couple easy ones and then make her work for them you will know pretty quick if she likes it or not.

The absolute easiest coon feeder to make is take a tire on a wheel and drill 4 - 2" holes in the sidewall. Then fill it with corn and then fill that concoction with water. It will sour in about a week or two depending on how hot it is. You will have any coons around soon. Oh I forgot to add if you have any bears or hogs around find a sapling that will fit through the hole in the wheel of that tire and cut it off about 4' high. Put the tire/wheel combo down on the sapling so they can't turn it over or roll it down the hill before you fill it up.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
May give that a try, got some resident coons down in the creek bottom behind the house, they should be easy enough...no bears or hogs though, just neighbors that'd think I was mashing in corn for a run 😁

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
May give that a try, got some resident coons down in the creek bottom behind the house, they should be easy enough...no bears or hogs though, just neighbors that'd think I was mashing in corn for a run 😁
Yep, that is exactly what it smells like. And be glad you don't have bears or hogs. 5 years ago we didn't have hogs, we are wrapped up with them and that little female loves them. They are a constant source of her getting lit up.