Finally joined the club...

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I am 57 years old, have owned guns for my entire adult life, have multiple safes full of centerfire rifles, and I just bought my first 300 win mag.

I don't know why I did it. The mood just struck me. I picked up a used Savage Impulse straight pull.

I doubt I will ever hunt with it, not even for elk. I like my 280 AI for that.

I will probably just do some load development, and then put it in the safe.

Am I OK?

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am 57 years old, have owned guns for my entire adult life, have multiple safes full of centerfire rifles, and I just bought my first 300 win mag.

I don't know why I did it. The mood just struck me. I picked up a used Savage Impulse straight pull.

Am I OK?
If you DIDN’T own a .300 Win Mag, there would be something wrong with you.

Heck, I own MULTIPLE .300 Win Mags, some of which have been gathering dust in the safe for quite a few years. There are even a couple that still haven’t even been fired.

Last edited:

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you DIDN’T own a .300 Win Mag, there would be something wrong with you.

Heck, I own MULTIPLE .300 Win Mags, some of which have been gathering dust in the safe for quite a few years. There are even a couple that still haven’t even been fired.
I'm going to disagree with you on that. No need to own one in my opinion. And last time I saw you, I don't think I'm going to worry about someone who eats walking cows tell me something is wrong with me.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns

Am I OK?
You will be fine.... :)

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I'm going to disagree with you on that. No need to own one in my opinion. And last time I saw you, I don't think I'm going to worry about someone who eats walking cows tell me something is wrong with me.
Dude...there's a LIST of things wrong with you.... :D But you just keep on keepin on with your 6.5 creed and we'll help you blood trail whatever you shoot for the first 200 yards. :D

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I will continue to agree that there is no “need” to own one. That is true with the majority of my rifles, especially the redundant ones.

This was an “Impulse” buy. See what I did there? :)

If you didnt overpay you will be fine. It will hold its value. The one thing that might be an issue is that most collectors dont like to sell. ;)

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I do not own a 6.5 Creedmore. Don't know who you thinking about. Now, @pcbuckhunter will talk about my 243s.
I do own a 6.5 Creedmoor. Several of them, actually. Great, all around cartridge for Eastern US hunting, and target shooting. My redundancy issues mostly involve these, my .260s, and a passel of 5.56/.223s.

Deerjager

Old Mossy Horns
I have multiple 300 mags, Win, Weatherby, & SAUM. Redundancy is a by-product of my gun collecting. There is nothing wrong with you for wanting a 300 Mag. Heck, I have five or six 270 Winchesters, so it is a stretch for me to cast aspersions on another person’s multiples in a particular caliber. You may even like shooting it.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Got rid of my 300wms. Nothing wrong with them it’s a great caliber but compared to my 338LM it’s meh. I figure if I need/want to go big I have the 338 and 50 for that. And we won’t discuss my enjoyment of the creed, lol