FINALLY.......Corvette fans are HAPPY!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
It's finally officially official. Mid engine Corvette. And AFFORDABLE?!?!?!?! We're gonna be seeing these cars all over the place if they are less than $60K!!!!

I don't know why they did the reveal at 11 pm last night :mad:. But it was good viewing this morning.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That is one good looking car. And really not an excessive price for such a new concept for the Corvette. That's the first one I've really liked in many, many years.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Not a Chevy fan but it looks good. 495 hp base model is nice. I understand it was time for new direction but looks like a Ferrari with different body angles and corvette headlights.

double

Twelve Pointer
You will see very few base models. Coming from a Chevy salesman and diehard this os the death of the american sports car. No longer will a car drive by and you know it is a vette. Now it looks like every other mid engine car. The Ferrari the NSX etc. its just another sports car now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rangerxp

Eight Pointer
You will see very few base models. Coming from a Chevy salesman and diehard this os the death of the american sports car. No longer will a car drive by and you know it is a vette. Now it looks like every other mid engine car. The Ferrari the NSX etc. its just another sports car now.

Exactly , you'll see few if any $60,000 mid engine Corvettes. They should have keep the front engine Corvette and rebranded the new mid engine super car. It's a sweet looking car but it looks just like many other super cars already on the market. Sad news for the history of Corvette in my opinion.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
pictures or this thread is useless.,,,

I know,,,I could google it,,,but THEN I'd have to get off nchuntandfish!! AND it would make the TGIF thread useless as well,,,,

double

Twelve Pointer
Just wait until they see the labor books to work on this thing. Its gonna be ridiculous trying to get i to the engine bay to work on anything.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Every young man should own a Corvette. One.... and I have. Too damned old to fall into it and then have to climb out of one these days...

similar philosophy,,,,mine was a man needed two types of vehicles,,,,a truck (preferably 4x4 but not needed unless needed) and a muscle car,,,,

in 1978-79 i had a '69 Impala SS convertible with a 396 4 barrel holley with manual,,,,,loved that car

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
pictures or this thread is useless.,,,

I know,,,I could google it,,,but THEN I'd have to get off nchuntandfish!! AND it would make the TGIF thread useless as well,,,,
Here it is!
e043c7a219d8ec0b2c216c2c5c92f9b2.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
Not a Chevy fan but it looks good. 495 hp base model is nice. I understand it was time for new direction but looks like a Ferrari with different body angles and corvette headlights.
I get where you're coming from, but I think that's true in the same way a Silverado looks like an F150. If you look at front engined Ferrari's you could say they look like Vettes. IE the California.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
I like it. I thought the current version was sweet looking too. IMO they are a good value (not for me, but for one of you fellas) and have been for a few years as far as HP, performance, and looks go.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Every young man should own a Corvette. One.... and I have. Too damned old to fall into it and then have to climb out of one these days...
I have owned 2. Good memories and wild women but a great wife and two kids on the farm calls for the suped up 350 diesel.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
I bought one when I was 17 years old. First car I ever bought and it was nice. Won a few car shows with it. Sold it to buy a house and really never missed it. My wife had one too. She has a 69 big block 4 speed car. Now I miss that one today because I have the resources to restore it now but back then we needed baby diapers. Mine was a 79 but the heat coming out the floor would bake you riding in it. My dad had a 64. He showed it 13 times and won 42 trophies with that car. It was all original. He trailered it every where he went and I'm not sure he really ever enjoyed it. He had another one that was pretty special also. It was a 78 indy pace with less than 5K miles on it. Not a real pretty color car but what made it so rare was the fact it was a 4 speed. They made 6502 pace cars in 78 but only 200 was 4 speeds and his was a full option car down to the factory CB radio. I was told the 78 indy pace car was the first corvette that sold for more than sticker price in its day due to demand. There is a lot of them around today with low mileage but 4 speeds are hard to come by.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Corvettes depreciation rate is similar to a boat. I really like the current generation....maybe now that this one is coming out ill be able to afford a used current gen in about 10 years.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
I just sent one just like this one back with my son after baby-sitting it for him for 7 years. They're fun.
1975 350 - 4 bbl , 4 speed stick, dual flowmaster exhaust

28005226.jpg
Owned a '75 at one time, originally white but the previous owner had it painted black!!! Stupid move! I was even the local 'vette club president, had a club member who was chasing national autocross points and we drug his racer as far as Houston to run autocross at the Houston Police Depts.' skid pad and driving school facility. He and his wife wound up National points champions the same year, fun while it lasted. The mid 70's cars were victims of the early attempts at emission control and were for the most part underpowered pieces of crap. The '75 with 350 stock out of the box was rated at 165 HP if I recall, most anemic Corvette ever except for some of the early ones, but it looked good.

Last edited: