Finally bit the bullet

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
And bought a trolling motor for my 198 Carolina Skiff. I have been fishing without a trolling motor for about 3 years as other things were sucking up all the discretionary funds. Settled on the Minn Kota Riptide Terrova with I Pilot. I am not usually a fan of bells and whistles but I spend a lot of time taking newbies fishing and the anchor feature sold me on the upgrade. And foot pedals are always so much too big that I have to turn em sideways and put a foot on each end! Went with Bass Pro as they have free installation. Just have to pick up some batteries. Decided on the 24 volt/80lb/54 inch model. Now it needs to stop raining and get warm!

JFH3006

Ten Pointer
If u have been out without a trolling motor,
You haven't been fishing. I do not have an I Pilot but a buddy does that I fish with occasionally and he loves it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
The guys who have put them on their offshore boats with spot lock have it made. The ability to anchor over the wreck or ledge in seconds on the first try isnt even fair.

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
If u have been out without a trolling motor,
You haven't been fishing. I do not have an I Pilot but a buddy does that I fish with occasionally and he loves it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oh, that I know! My favorites are flounder fishing and slow trolling for specs......I have been having to make due with drifting or anchoring here and there.

Higgins

Ten Pointer
I like the features of the motor, but I need to break myself from trying to find the foot pedal and use the remote hanging around my neck.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Minn Kota Riptide Terrova with I Pilot...24 volt/80lb/54 inch model.

I have the exact same motor. Cost more than my first boat.

LOVE IT

Once you get used to the |N| setting with the cruise control, you’ll never miss that foot pedal. And saving tracks to use again and again is amazing. I’ll be buying a humminbird FF soon to add to it.

The spot lock needs no explanation. Get a bite, hit the spot lock. Find fish, hit the spot lock. Want to sit on structure, hit the spot lock. And it’s good with batteries, too.

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
Glad to hear that! I am "fiscally retentive" so it took awhile to talk myself into it.

recoil

Eight Pointer
Best money you could have spent. Fished 2 weeks at the coast last fall and never put the anchor out. I haven't tried it offshore on wrecks and ledges yet, but I can't wait to give it a shot. You'll figure the remote out and not have to look at the buttons.