Field trial

specialk

Twelve Pointer
I miss it down here in GA..90% of the state is outlawed and im not near where its legal....although my rabbit beagles can sing a pretty tune as well....

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Our family life revolved around field trialing for about 10 years. Great times and met some great people. When we started it seemed to me like it was "hound hunters" going field trialing. When we got out about 8 or 10 years ago it seemed the sport had turned into "professional field trialers" for the most part. Still plenty of great memories and friends made.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
It was more fun when it was more hound hunters than pro field trailers wasnt it? I ate slept and breathed it for about 10 years myself. I couldn't raise dogs fast enough and compete with the guys rasing 3 liters at a time and running twice a week. It was taking up more and more time and money. I got out of dogs all together for a few years but have started back deer dogging and pleasure running. No plans to go back to field trailing, but you never know

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Like y'all loved it, would rather run on the outside now. Haven't field trialed in about 5 years. Money and politics have a way of ruining anything.

rodman

Ten Pointer
I will put this here because y'all will appreciate it. Not to steal from the O.P. by any means. Was judging the first 3 day trial they had at fox-e-fox which turned into old 74 pen. A older gentleman from Georgia came to the judges room after the first days running and when we was to call out the scratches we had when they got to him he said hound #623 hunting at 10:43am. The master of hounds said we calling out scratches. He said I know that,he was hunting a place to lay down at 10:43. He found it at 10:44. Scratch his ass😁 I will never forget that as long as I live. Good times

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
I lived about 3 miles from that pen until summer of 2013. Being that close to a pen is both a blessing and a curse.

Reactions: DRS