Feeling Sorry for public land hunters and turkeys

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
It looks like I may officially give up my office of President of the PLHC (public land hunt club).....for now.
I do have 1 draw hunt on public, but I been scrounging up some private spots in NC and TN.

Our business is wide open, hordes of people that aint scared to stand 6 inches from each other in a check out line. Still looking like I'll only get to hunt 5-6 days this year.

I live less than a mile from 2 boat ramps on the lake and I could hear that the lake was wide open at 8 this morning. Both ramp lots are overflowing.

Public land pressure is gonna be bad this spring with nobody working 'cept me and @turkeyfoot.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i dont know it seems to me the turkeys are the ones getting a break with ol copper and turkeyfoot out of the loop. :)
Those of us working will have to take sloppy 50ths on public this year.
and goodness at the beating private will be getting with youth week in play for all teachers, gubt workers and kids.
Count me jealous. :)

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Curious if State Park closures will impact turkey hunters. Saw Falls Lake State Recreation Area is closed. Hopefully that does not mean gameland.

wfdavis50

Six Pointer
I'm one that rely on public land to hunt. At this point I'm not sure I will be able to go this season. I'm not sure I can get on to where I normally go and I didn't put in for a permit hunt. Choice just maybe very slim

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Add Easter being in mix and fact that no one can really take a vacation lot reasons woods will be full this year. They need open dollywood and the beaches