Feeding Roasted Soybeans and Corn

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
Barrier Farms makes a run to southeastern NC to some hog farmers. Our member lives in farmville and has to drive about 45 minutes south to meet him for a ton each time.

Woods and water

Six Pointer
I think that would be the case on the coast , right now probably won't be a problem but spring and summer would get costly. I feed year deer year round but the bears get expensive

Hevi 13. Anson

Ten Pointer
Contributor
this is my first year trying to feed year round and i started using the corn/soybean mix also. the bucks are hitting it hard right now. cleaning up 4-5 bags a week at my spots, not a speck left... That's about the most I will put out considering the cost of the feed but I'm going to give it a try this year to see if it makes any difference.
We just checked our tract deer have eaten 24 bags from 4 gravity feeders in two weeks. At this pace minus the month of April we are looking @ a yearly cost of $5500.00 on a 210 acre tract. Bucks are killing it day and night but that's steep.

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
We just checked our tract deer have eaten 24 bags from 4 gravity feeders in two weeks. At this pace minus the month of April we are looking @ a yearly cost of $5500.00 on a 210 acre tract. Bucks are killing it day and night but that's steep.
Yes, we're spending close to that too. We had a hard decision to make to cough up the money for another year, but with our heaviest club deer(199lbs) and widest club deer(22") this year(two seperate deer), we went forward for another year. A member saw a beautiful 8 pointer chasing a doe this week. Bucks are fat as pigs already. About half of our bucks have shed so far.