Feedback on mesh seats on treestands

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Since the season is over I've been looking to pickup a few extra stands on clearance but I noticed most of the higher end or deluxe treestands offered (X-Stand, Muddy, Hawk, etc) now use mesh seats. I have a tripod that uses a mesh seat and it dry rotted after a few seasons which makes me nervous about using a mesh seat on a hang on or lock on stand that doesnt have some form of metal frame underneath it as a backup.

Has anyone here had any bad experiences with mesh seats or am I being overly paranoid?

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If you keep them out of the sun they last years and years...a couple of years in direct sunlight and they are toast. Most seats that I have can be pretty easily removed if you have to leave the stand out or it's too darn big to put into the shed.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Since the season is over I've been looking to pickup a few extra stands on clearance but I noticed most of the higher end or deluxe treestands offered (X-Stand, Muddy, Hawk, etc) now use mesh seats. I have a tripod that uses a mesh seat and it dry rotted after a few seasons which makes me nervous about using a mesh seat on a hang on or lock on stand that doesnt have some form of metal frame underneath it as a backup.

Has anyone here had any bad experiences with mesh seats or am I being overly paranoid?

I’ve got one of those seats on a muddy. I hate it because you’ll slide out of it if you try to relax. Seems like you’re always sliding an inch or two, then you gotta push back up in the seat.

Ceehawk37

Ten Pointer
I’m not a fan of the mesh seat. Removed the one on my Ol Man and put a Summit seat on it. Much more comfortable now as long as I don’t tighten the top part of the stand top tight on the tree.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I've got them on 3 lock on's and a ladder stand. I love them. A friend has one on a ladder stand and he loves his. Guess it's just an individual thing.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
When I got my first mesh seat stand, I figured I'd try it. I found I could sit there much longer due to the comfort without wanting to get down. I mean, like twice as long. For me, time on stand is important due to my work schedule. That time translates to more deer seen(for me). It could make the difference when looking for "the" deer.
The ladder stand sits like a comfortable director's chair.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I prefer the stands with mesh seats to my other stands without them. All of my stands with mesh seats are Field & Stream and have backrests, they are very comfortable. I don't know about the ones with just the seat bottom but I image they wouldn't be bad.

The UV rays is what harms them so if they are in a well shaded spot they will be fine. I bought my first stand 5 years ago and added more since.

Redheadduck

Eight Pointer
I have two with mesh seats. One summit climber and a sportsman's guide lock on. I love them, more comfortable to me and they don't absorb water. As far as durability, I've had both stands several years with no issues.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Sounds like I'm being overly paranoid. I'll have to get one to try it out.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I like the mesh seats. I leave mine in the woods year round. Haven't had any rot yet in the Millenium stands.

Tar Heel Sportsman

Four Pointer
i cant speak for many companies- but millennium stands are so comfortable it almost makes it hard to get out of after a sit. would totally recommend spending the extra money as they are comfortable and hold up great