Feather Point Retrievers?

TH7

Eight Pointer
I got a dog a little over a year ago. Saw them run some dogs at training days and hunt test before hand. Blake is good to deal with. Did not use them for training but they have some nice grounds.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Meet him several times years ago when running my pup in hunt tests. Really nice guy and always willing to offer pointers, etc. Still hear nothing but good things about his dogs and training.

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Katy is doing great. We are heading East tomorrow to drop her off at Feather Point for several months of training. It’s gonna be tough without her around. She’s off to a good start - is doing well with sit, quiet, kennel, fetch. She’s a retrieving tool and brings to hand most every time. She did some actual swimming today for the first time - did great and doing short water retrieves. I think she’s really going to be a solid duck dog.
7DCAC7D5-197D-4454-A3C0-E18D4C1F29A8.jpeg49FC52FC-FB60-436B-BEDB-10B8DD886594.jpeg6FD70637-A0CE-4A35-AFD0-B5D22D5A355A.jpeg

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Went down to Greenville to Feather Point to check in on and work with Katy a little bit. She’s progressing nicely (although still a puppy at almost 7 months) - her obedience is really coming along nicely and her retrieving drive is shining through. Very happy with her progress and look forward to the next trip. She’s getting big!

E18D71C6-7A2B-4DA7-B381-D698EFB71BEE.jpeg17D99815-D3D2-4FBF-84FC-F9B0E5EFFE25.jpeg3ACA241C-08F7-4DCC-90F7-D7902888A81C.jpeg

shurshot

Ten Pointer
When you do it and see what your pup can do, it’s addicting…..and expensive! I ran my pup (and mine) in his first Seniors at 6 months. We were not quite ready for that type of setup and failed to pass, however kept training and smoked the next one on what many pros said was a Master’s setup as only 4 other dogs made the grade. It honestly was one of the best feelings I’ve ever had!F204A54B-5461-4275-9769-DD9CA6597ED2.jpeg

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
When you do it and see what your pup can do, it’s addicting…..and expensive! I ran my pup (and mine) in his first Seniors at 6 months. We were not quite ready for that type of setup and failed to pass, however kept training and smoked the next one on what many pros said was a Master’s setup as only 4 other dogs made the grade. It honestly was one of the best feelings I’ve ever had!View attachment 104074
That’s cool -
It’s something that I may get into at some point, we will see how it goes. She will be in training through April it looks like

shurshot

Ten Pointer
I would suggest checking out a hunt test sometime. Most have wound down now but will start back up probably around March. There are several online sites where you can register or just see when and where they are being run. Believe me, you’ll want to be at the line in short order!👌

EntryExpress.net

Jimbob78

Twelve Pointer
Th
I would suggest checking out a hunt test sometime. Most have wound down now but will start back up probably around March. There are several online sites where you can register or just see when and where they are being run. Believe me, you’ll want to be at the line in short order!👌

EntryExpress.net
There is a trial in watha in early December.

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Katy is 9 months now (52 lbs) and has been at Feather Point Retrievers since 9 October. Went to see her today and I’m very impressed with where she is thus far not onl2E03DDC3-CA9D-4D36-85B6-A3967B05209D.jpegB0A117AF-9997-48CB-B598-8B366B8B8D5B.jpegy in obedience but also her retriever/gun dog training. We will be picking her up near the end of April to come home. I likely won’t be able to make it back down until then but look forward to getting her home and actually working her in the field. She’s gonna be a good one.EF705FF7-7CE4-4575-B4D4-25014E70960D.jpeg

Last edited:

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Katy is 9 months now (52 lbs) and has been at Feather Point Retrievers since 9 October. Went to see her today and I’m very impressed with where she is thus far not onlView attachment 109563View attachment 109564y in obedience but also her retriever/gun dog training. We will be picking her up near the end of April to come home. I likely won’t be able to make it back down until then but look forward to getting her home and actually working her in the field. She’s gonna be a good one.View attachment 109569
Good looking dog. The real work begins when she gets home.