Fawns

SM270

Ten Pointer
Plenty, actually seen 5/6 Saturday in Anson county. Almost stepped on one 2 weeks ago in a different spot in Anson.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I have been seeing a lot of photos on NextDoor. They go along with the post asking if anyone knows a wildlife rehabber since the mother abandoned the fawn next to their swing set in the backyard. Idiots.

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
We have seen few in Stokes/Surry. What I am really surprised at is the number of mature does that were apparently not bred last fall.

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
I have gotten trail cam pics of a few....but not very many. Most doe pics I'm getting do not include a fawn in them.

ezdemon72

Six Pointer
I got two up yesterday when I was running the rotary cutter in a field beside the house in Harnett county.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve seen a few. Was weedeating around a manhole on an outfall and had one jump up and about give me a heart attack. I don’t think he budged until the weed eater popped his/her butt.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've had several around the field edge that I walk the dogs in almost every afternoon. Most are sniffed out by the dogs, otherwise I'd never know they were there and would have just walked right on by.
Mama doe put on a production yesterday after we walked by her youngun in the edge of the field, she snorted, stomped, ran back and forth trying to get the dogs to notice her. Thankfully the dogs are getting trained now to just ignore deer, rabbits, turkeys, ect, when we are out on our walks.
I'm hoping that they keep their younguns out of the waist high grass in the field that the Parks and Rec have ignored this whole season. The turkeys used it to hatch and raise their babies, now the deer are using the high edges. I guess at least someone besides me is getting to benefit from their poor upkeep of a public "park".

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Found one dead in my hay I didn’t chop it (I don’t think I did anyway). A few days ago saw vultures in pasture so I checked to make sure a cow didn’t abort and found a dead fawn that was stomped.

Found more sites turkeys are killed by whatever. The rabbit population is highest I’ve seen in my lifetime. Circle of Life sure is strange.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Found one dead in my hay I didn’t chop it (I don’t think I did anyway). A few days ago saw vultures in pasture so I checked to make sure a cow didn’t abort and found a dead fawn that was stomped.

Found more sites turkeys are killed by whatever. The rabbit population is highest I’ve seen in my lifetime. Circle of Life sure is strange.
My FIL called me a little while ago to tell me he ran up on about a half dozen coyotes working over a freshly killed doe and fawn while he was checking cattle yesterday evening.

He said they let him get within 40-50 yards of them on the Mule. Don’t know how many he killed, but he emptied his Marlin model 60 at them. He’s sure he killed 2, and is pretty sure he hit another one or two.

That made 3 fawns we’ve found dead on our place this year.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Had four fawns with a babysitter doe in the back yard a few days ago. The fawns were racing around & wandered off. The adult doe went after them and brought 3 back. I saw one flat beside the road the next morning, probably the one that wandered off. Seen a few on my trail cameras too.

Jim

2nd Calling

Six Pointer
Good size fawn on camera in Sampson County. Got him jumping around my food plots too...mama doing a good job showing him the ropes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210625-181730_Tactacam Reveal.jpg
    Screenshot_20210625-181730_Tactacam Reveal.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
ok, I got two living in or near our vacant goat barn.

Haven't been able to catch them on camera yet.

Suspect Mom is probably in the brush below the dam.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
We’ve seen one doe with a pretty small fawn around . Found a decent amount of pairs of tracks with mama and fawn walking side by side. Judging by varying size of fawn tracks in different areas, seems like there’s at least two pair of mama and fawn on our property. Haven’t laid eyes on those deer yet tho

DeerManager

Eight Pointer
I have one doe, out of 7 that I get on camera ,that has a fawn. First picture I got of the fawn was the first week of June.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Watched two does on separate sides of my pasture this morning. Each has one fawn. One fawn is bedded in a clump of johnsongrass as we speak but ain’t sure where the other one is because I was watching the first fawn when it disappeared. Both does are bedded together on the side of my pasture but there’s probably 250 yards separating their fawns. Odd thing is, I bet it’s within a few feet of how far away each doe is away from their fawns.