Favorite movies

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Some of you I think are playing a joke on us? ;)

Ghost???? THE POSTMAN????! Shirley you jest!!!!!

I see Conman has a few of the same on his list as I think are great. Apocolypto (I hate Mel Gibson, but this was a great movie), and Draft Day I will watch whenever they are on.

Some people have lists that I haven't hardly heard of those movies lol. Some have mentioned movies that I've heard are great, tried to watch, and can't finish (slingblade, secondhand lions....) though I've been told I should watch all of sling blade by folks who know me very well. Don't know what that means.

I know when Jerry McGuire came out, I kept getting asked by strangers if I was in that movie, but it was never to be confused with Tom Cruise! :mad: Probably because I'm too tall ;).

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
If someone thinks "the Postman" is worthy, please ban me! I don't want to be part of that kind of forum! Next thing you know, WaterWorld will be mentioned!!!

double

Twelve Pointer
The legend of bagger vance is my all time favorite movie. The only movie with more quotable one liners is Tombstone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Some of you I think are playing a joke on us? ;)

Ghost???? THE POSTMAN????! Shirley you jest!!!!!

I see Conman has a few of the same on his list as I think are great. Apocolypto (I hate Mel Gibson, but this was a great movie), and Draft Day I will watch whenever they are on.

Some people have lists that I haven't hardly heard of those movies lol. Some have mentioned movies that I've heard are great, tried to watch, and can't finish (slingblade, secondhand lions....) though I've been told I should watch all of sling blade by folks who know me very well. Don't know what that means.

I know when Jerry McGuire came out, I kept getting asked by strangers if I was in that movie, but it was never to be confused with Tom Cruise! :mad: Probably because I'm too tall ;).

Maybe you should try a mustard biscuit....

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Major League
Friday
Tommy Boy
Vacation / Christmas Vacation
Shawshank

Those are about the only ones that I will actually stop to sit down and watch.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
The Quiet Man
Waking Ned Devine
Cold Comfort Farm
Casablanca
Josey Wales
Jeremiah Johnson
To Kill a Mockingbird
From Here To Eternity
Heaven knows, Mr. Allison

Lots more...

Last edited:

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The Quiet Man
Waking Ned Devine
Cold Comfort Farm
Casablanca
Josey Wales
Jeremiah Johnson
To Kill a Mockingbird
From Here To Eternity
Heaven knows, Mr. Allison

Lots more...

Forgot about Waking Ned Devine haven't seen that in years, hilarious.

Lost remote last night ended up watching Irma la Douce with a young Jack Lemmon. Shirley MacLaine was a real looker back in her prime.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Saw lots of good ones mentioned ... how about ...

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

and, just for goofy fun .... Idiocracy?

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Big Jake (John Wayne)
Sands of Iwo Jima (John Wayne) really anything John Wayne but these would be my 2 favorite
Jaws
10 Commandments (Charlton Heston)
Star Wars series
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Bond series (minus the ones with Pierce Brosnan and Timothy Dalton)
Harry Potter series

GTO ONE

Eight Pointer
Oh Brother, where art Thou
Tombstone
Alien 2
Young Frankenstein
Blazing Saddles
Field of Dreams
Saving Private Ryan
Outlaw Josey Wales
Animal House

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Been a LONG time since I've seen a GOOD movie!

Last weekend it happened.

Granted, 19 years ago, a buddy asked me if I had watched "Unbreakable". I had to go to blockbuster to watch it in my home, the whole time laughing about how stupid the Netflix platform was. LOL M night Smamalagn or whomever.

I found that movie decent, far from "great".

A few years ago, I decided to watch a movie on HBO called "split". I was dumbfounded. Absolute best acting I've ever seen, incredible screenplay, and until the literal last 2 seconds of this movie, I didn't know it was connected to one before. Last weekend, I don't know why, I clicked on "glass", recorded it, and immediately realized it was connected, in fact, the finale of the trifecta.

I'm ashamed to admit I was in tears at the end of this move (trilogy).

It (they, especially the last 2) was SO WELL DONE!!!

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Tombstone
Days of Thunder
Top Gun
American Sniper
John Wayne westerns
John Wayne war movies
Clint Eastwood Westerns
Almost any WW ll black and white movie
Lone Survivor
Fury
12 Strong
Pulp Fiction
Almost any Vietnam War movie
Baa Baa Blacksheep (I know, tv series but still)
Legend of Bagger Vance
The Hunt for Red October

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
I've been saying for years that Lawrence of Arabia is my all time favorite movie and it still is. The story, the acting, the cinematography, the musical score, and the fact that it was all true makes it a runaway winner for me. After that it gets harder to list favorites because to me it's like comparing apples to oranges. Some of you older folks on here might recognize some of my other choices. The Maltese Falcon, The Caine Mutiny, The Big Sleep, The African Queen, do we see a pattern here?

boomer

Twelve Pointer
The Great Escape
The Cowboys
True Grit, both of them
Tombstone
Secondhand Lions
Open Range
The Longest Day
Magnificent Seven
We Were Soldiers
Saving Private Ryan
3:10 to Yuma
Quigley Down Under

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
So tonight I watched John Wick Chapter III. I'm pretty appalled. Had I seen this in a theater, I might ask for my money back. The dude gets stabbed, shot, hit with certain "knockout" or debilitating hits countless times, but he never gets bruised, bloody nosed, swelled up, exhausted, not even tired, then keeps on killing. Crappiest big promo movie I've watched in a long time!