Favorite Garden veggies

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
What are your favorites and how do you like them?

I have to say that about the best thing I like from the garden is a good ole mater and cuke salad.

I like it with Italian dressing, balsamic vinegar dressing or mayo and vinegar and some salt and pepper. After trying every variety of tomato with this I have come to the conclusion that I like grape tomatoes the best. Firm and tasty, not a lot of seeds.

Sorry no pics at the moment cause I ate it all. :greenjump:

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
The best thing that I got out of my garden was a basket racket 8 pt in velvet that was eating my cherry tomatoes!:D.
Unlucky for him, that happened to be opening morning of bow season.;)

Last edited:

jhwilli2

Eight Pointer
in order.....field peas, butter beans, yellow squash, tomatoes, new potatoes, sweet corn,......hell I love them all except cabbage

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Okra - Fried
Squash - Fried, or halved, and baked with fresh parmesan flakes, butter, seasoning
Green beans - served with red onions and cherry tomatoes in dijon-vinegar dressing
Cucumbers - Refrigerator pickles(with onions): Vinegar, sugar, salt, celery seed, let sit 24-48 hours.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
tomatoes
snap peas
cucumbers
green beans
squash / zucchini
peppers
potatoes

I like them cooked or raw all different ways. They all taste good. :)

Last edited:

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I am not very picky, love them all. Some raw, some baked, some fried, some pickled, some stew fried or just sliced and put on a piece of bread with salt pepper and Miracle Whip...mater, nice and red and thick.

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
Maters- for sammiches, salads or steamed with squash & zucchini with a bit of good mozzarella cheese atop
Cherry maters- for salads or just snacking when walking by the garden
Leaf Lettuce- early season for awesome salads and to use on sammiches and burgers
Squash- fried, in a squash casserole or stewed with zucchini and onion (also early blooms are excellent fried)
Zucchini- same as squash
Okra- Fried, that's it (boiled and stewed is like eating slugs)
Eggplant- thinly sliced and fried or made into eggplant parmesan
No cukes in my garden as they take up useable ground that something edible can be grown in (just my opinion)

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
I grow my cukes on a fence. Don't take up the room and easy to weed. My fall garden going good. Cabbage Collards Brocolli cauliflower purple tops rutabeger Brussel sprouts. Still picking few tomatoes and field peas and cutting okra. Love them all spring and fall.

thelivecanary

Eight Pointer
Anything that is growing gets picked and eaten during weeding, which is my favorite way to enjoy the garden. If I have to take in for a wash and a whack with the knife...I like a kohlrabi. A small cue ball size kohlrabi, tastes as refreshing as anything in the garden. And now I gotta stop at the asian market on my way home.