Favorite catch on April fools

Natebonebusta

Eight Pointer
I was in brackish water targeting the trout before they head back out. While they are fun to catch and are great to eat, I carried a couple ultra light rods just to see if the smaller guys were biting. The warmer earlier weeks had them in action.

My favorite, most unexpected catch on my bathtub with peddles was this 11” had to be a pound shellcracker. I didn’t realize I had it, and it had no clue until that hook sunk in. Two big drag rips back to the cover and I just knew my 2lb line was toast but I managed to get it to the boat.

I love panfishing with UL equipment!

IMG_3551.jpeg

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
the last three evenings I have caught more brim on purpose than in the last three years. I just never target them.
But then some well meaning friends had sent me a big brim soft plastic care package.
I broke it out for an Easter gathering Sunday so the pond could be utilized by guests. Naturally I needed to test the fishing and it was a ton of fun.
All I can tell is do not put a wacky rigged trout magnet on their tiny jig head in front of a brim.
It makes catching them so easy and fun that it gets addictive. watching that cork (with that tiny jig head even with 2lb you can benefit from a cork) go down is a blast.
PS bass eat it as well but blow up the cork alot too. :)

Great fish @Natebonebusta.

Natebonebusta

Eight Pointer
the last three evenings I have caught more brim on purpose than in the last three years. I just never target them.
But then some well meaning friends had sent me a big brim soft plastic care package.
I broke it out for an Easter gathering Sunday so the pond could be utilized by guests. Naturally I needed to test the fishing and it was a ton of fun.
All I can tell is do not put a wacky rigged trout magnet on their tiny jig head in front of a brim.
It makes catching them so easy and fun that it gets addictive. watching that cork (with that tiny jig head even with 2lb you can benefit from a cork) go down is a blast.
PS bass eat it as well but blow up the cork alot too. :)

Great fish @Natebonebusta.
I’m a big fan of the trout magnet. Micro lure fishing has come a long way, and the precision of the jig/lure combinations do indeed make panfishing so much fun!