Favorite Bear Recipes?

YanceyGreenhorn

Ten Pointer
Whatcha all got? I’ve got tenderloins , little bit of shoulder, and some hams. So far I’m thinkin crock pot recipes and trying to do something on the smoker . Interested to hear how y’all like it

YanceyGreenhorn

Ten Pointer
Lol thanks! At first I had an eerie feeling you were gonna put up a link to me posting this exact same question a few days ago or something. Sometimes I can’t remember whether I posted something, thought about posting but didn’t , dreamt that I posted something, or was thinking about something that someone else already posted. Hunting obsessions do weird things to your brain

Woods and water

Eight Pointer
We make a lot of loose bear sausage. It makes awesome spaghetti, chili, lasagna etc . We boil the ribs in beer until tender than put on the grill with a sweet BBQ sauce until it gets a nice bark which is my favorite way to eat it .Roast go into the crook pot with beef broth and veggies until tender . To me the butchering process is what makes the difference. I usually take a whole day to cut , grind and package.

YanceyGreenhorn

Ten Pointer
Thanks for the info fellers. Also got plenty of ideas from all the stuff @woodmoose linked. Got home last night and my wife did bear stew in the instapot. It was great. Might do something on the smoker this weekend. Ya know, if I’m not too occupied bear hunting

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
1” steaks, dredged and breaded with Italian crumbs. Pan fried, then baked in white wine/drippings/cream of shroom gravy til tender.
Do you not worry about trich with bears pan fried? I'd be afraid and end up overcooking it.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Do you not worry about trich with bears pan fried? I'd be afraid and end up overcooking it.
Well, I have a thermapen, so no, I’m not worried about tric.

I’m also not worried about it, because that particular recipe is baked after it’s fried...

If you don’t have an instant read therm, just pound it thin and schnitzel it, it will be at tric killing temp way before its browned.