Favorite 20 ga load

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Boss 3 inch 5s...

Partner and I split a flat of 12ga. Boss # 4’s and really like them too. Somehow an older 20ga. fixed choke O/U followed me home two weeks ago and said it wanted some bismuth for breakfast next season so a flat of 3” 5’s are in the works. I looked at reloading bismuth but really don’t think I can do it for less than the Boss shells.

CBD21

Eight Pointer
Partner and I split a flat of 12ga. Boss # 4’s and really like them too. Somehow an older 20ga. fixed choke O/U followed me home two weeks ago and said it wanted some bismuth for breakfast next season so a flat of 3” 5’s are in the works. I looked at reloading bismuth but really don’t think I can do it for less than the Boss shells.
I shoot the 3” 3/5 duplex’s a good bit for early goose and late season Arkansas too.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
I shoot the 3” 3/5 duplex’s a good bit for early goose and late season Arkansas too.

If I had geese where we hunt I certainly would consider them. I’m sure they perform quite well all the way around. Vast majority of ducks we shoot are small to medium sized birds. My thinking for the 5’s in the 20ga. will give me a little higher pellet count, otherwise I like 4’s in a 12ga.

CBD21

Eight Pointer
If I had geese where we hunt I certainly would consider them. I’m sure they perform quite well all the way around. Vast majority of ducks we shoot are small to medium sized birds. My thinking for the 5’s in the 20ga. will give me a little higher pellet count, otherwise I like 4’s in a 12ga.
That’s the only reason I started shooting them was for the geese but then transitioned to them late season Arkansas they have the same pellet count as the #4’s but I also run the straight #5’s in swamps and they’re great.

ThrillofDaChase

Ten Pointer

Settled on the 4s this year in 12 after trying the 5s and 3/5s duplex. Like the 4s a lot on ducks and on specks in Arkansas. Shoot the 2 3/4. I think you’ll like the 5s in the 20, shot them a good bit this year on lots of ducks. Factory full choke.

WRLawhon

Button Buck
I normally shoot what is free and is cheap and what i can get my hands on i am not picky. I also use a 12 gauge. But cant go wrong with a 20 gauge i love mine.