Faulty Fuel Pump

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Lol if at first you don’t succeed, be an ass until you get your way. Sounds right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
How much are we talking about anyways? Dollar amount for the part and for the labor.

Just wonder if you ask nice to have them cover the pump and you volunteer to pay for labor or the other way around. ...

What if they go to replace it again and find it is not the pump? May be any number of other things?

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
How much are we talking about anyways? Dollar amount for the part and for the labor.

Just wonder if you ask nice to have them cover the pump and you volunteer to pay for labor or the other way around. ...

What if they go to replace it again and find it is not the pump? May be any number of other things?

I had that same thought... well,,, more about would I waste $100 of my time arguing over a $150 bill..... So glanced around before I posted and it appears that a fuel pump for a late model Nissan pathfinder is $4-600... ,, so my thought wasn't valid and I didn't post

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
OP, I worked in parts for over 15 years, 5 of them at a dealership. Generally with something like a fuel pump they'll offer the customer OEM or Aftermarket, and they're priced accordingly.
The Nissan rep might give the guys a hard time for selling aftermarket instead of Nissan. But other than that they won't get in any trouble for it. The worst thing you can do for a fuel pump is let it sit. Especially with modern fuels. They can corrode and or gum up when sitting. I get that its barely used, but it is not the dealerships fault you had to let it sit for a year. They're right in this situation.
The best thing you can hope for is to talk to the dealership GM and see if they'll goodwill it or meet you halfway.
But otherwise you're SOL.