Farmers that need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jp617

Button Buck
First post here and reaching out to any farmers near Anson/Montgomery/Richmond. Im equipped with thermal and night vision units. I can come out free of charge and handle feral hogs or predator issues. If anyone knows someone who needs help give me a shout.

Thanks.

Jeff

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone that’s serious about getting rid of hogs traps them. Anyone that isn’t serious about getting rid of them keeps them to hunt themselves or as a profit-making venture.

ETA…lots of folks have posted with a similar proposition. The reality doesn’t reflect a need for such an offering.

Jp617

Button Buck
Anyone that’s serious about getting rid of hogs traps them. Anyone that isn’t serious about getting rid of them keeps them to hunt themselves or as a profit-making venture.

ETA…lots of folks have posted with a similar proposition. The reality doesn’t reflect a need for such an offering.
Yea I get it... and I guess you got to read one more of those posts you mentioned. I'm simply saying if anyone is looking for help I'm here. I kill them weekly in anson off plank rd with thermal. My family has around 2k acres they work. Im not here hard up for a place to hunt. We don't have time to trap them because the million dollar cotton operation an equipment requires the free time. And letting someone else come in an trap them with the possibility of moving them to another location causing issues for other farmers while profit seeking is the main reason why shooting them is a slow way, but a sure way to get rid of them. I appreciate your kind words

Jp617

Button Buck
Yeah, but one can always hope for the exception.
Absolutely, I don't know anyone who's a farmer losing money that will turn down free help. Especially now that ammo is through the roof...if you can find it 👍

Jp617

Button Buck
You must be fairly inexperienced or naïve, you'll never get "rid" of "them".......
hogs know when they're being shot at and learn not to go back to fields. They're not dumb. Shooting them in the same field slows movement or pushes them away from the area.. just how not baiting after deer causes them to move and search for food. So to answer your question I'd say naive over inexperienced

Jp617

Button Buck
I was hoping he was offering to help clear and repair fence lines.

For free.
Did just that in Lubbock Texas summer of 2017.. in return got to shoot my first audad sheep. For FREE. In the state where people Pay people to shoot hogs out of their backyards

Jp617

Button Buck
it was only "free" if you put no value on your time,,,,

but I am ALL about the barter system,,,,, (y)
Yeap.. exactly.. I was given the opportunity after I helped someone. I never expect anything in return. people are easily offended I understand. I'm just reaching out on another platform.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yeap.. exactly.. I was given the opportunity after I helped someone. I never expect anything in return. people are easily offended I understand. I'm just reaching out on another platform.

best bet is to settle in,,, take part in conversations,,, become part of the "family",,,, and THEN ask for something,,,,

just my opinion,,,

Jp617

Button Buck
I had an account years ago here an forgot the password. Not much has changed on here. People are still rude and very parsimonious.i won't post anymore on here. Thanks for your time

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Welcome to the forum……stick around….don’t be discouraged by the responses here….. sometimes the responses are just people being honest and come off a little rough….. I agree you will probably not get much opportunity out of this thread…but it didn’t cost a dime to post it!! Lots of good folks on here

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I had an account years ago here an forgot the password. Not much has changed on here. People are still rude and very parsimonious.i won't post anymore on here. Thanks for your time

interesting,,,

you call the folks here parsimonious because they don't fall over themselves to get you land to hog hunt on,, for FREE from your first post?

you do know what parsimonious means right?

you don't think that 90% of the folks on here don't want "free" land to hunt hogs on as well??

regret your leaving mad after only one post,,, but as was said by a man more famous than I,,,

iu

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I'm looking for a place to hunt them nuisance deer that eat the profit in cotton fields. I would like to be in the Anson County around the plank rd area. ;)

I'll help,,, and I have LOTS of the hard to find ammo,,,,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I kill them weekly in anson off plank rd with thermal. My family has around 2k acres they work.

Anson county,,, where you already have permission,,, is a great hog hunting county,,, have friends who run them with dogs there,,, kill some most every Saturday,,

I have thermal as well,,, and lots of ammo,,, I will gladly come over and help you get rid of even more of them every week,,,,

then maybe I'll invite you to my hog hunting grounds,,,,

see how that works?

Jp617

Button Buck
interesting,,,

you call the folks here parsimonious because they don't fall over themselves to get you land to hog hunt on,, for FREE from your first post?

you do know what parsimonious means right?

you don't think that 90% of the folks on here don't want "free" land to hunt hogs on as well??

regret your leaving mad after only one post,,, but as was said by a man more famous than I,,,

iu
I know what I said. Im not mad I just find it funny how nothing has changed after 15 years since I've been on here and now they let Amins join in and push people away. I've already explained i have land to hog hunt. I was asking if anyone in the area needed help. Seems to me like my choice of words was correct. And the world help has offended people here far more the my post

Jp617

Button Buck
Anson county,,, where you already have permission,,, is a great hog hunting county,,, have friends who run them with dogs there,,, kill some most every Saturday,,

I have thermal as well,,, and lots of ammo,,, I will gladly come over and help you get rid of even more of them every week,,,,

then maybe I'll invite you to my hog hunting grounds,,,,

see how that works?
I'll pass. Had you been a little more helpful I wouldn't mind to let you hunt with me. You can always stop by the farm and talk face to face rather then post here for some likes. Mcswain farm

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
ok then,,,, you are aware that conversations have two parts,,, and your part in this is also a consideration

for a first post asking for what most everyone is looking for just comes across as humorous and folks had fun with it

my first post was to welcome you to the forum,,, then you got pissy so I just informed you on the WHY

if you don't like it you should think how you introduced yourself to this FAMILY,,, cause for the most part, NCHUNTANDFISH is a family,,, we talk together, we eat together, we hunt together, and we sometimes have fun with each other, joshing, ribbing, and telling each other when we do something sideways,,,

but as I said, if you don't like it, or are offended that folks didn't fall all over themselves on your first post asking for free hunts, then I guess we aren't your style

and since this didn't go the way you wanted I am shutting it down

Status
Not open for further replies.