Family activity ideas

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
We do a lot of different things. Having a camper has made us go to a lot of different places and experience many things. My kids are getting older now, so we can do longer trips and get more adventurous. Whitewater rafting is on the list for next summer. Also really wanting to take my daughters to Yellowstone/Tetons. Hoping we might can work that out this summer as well.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Not sure I would classify NOLA as family friendly. There are some museums, the aquarium, swamp tours, history, architect, and Cajun food, but all that's intertwined with gang bangers, criminals, drug addicts, and a lot of drunks. Then again, I've seen countless baby strollers being pushed down Bourbon St late at night.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
My parents took our family to yellowstone and grand tetons when I was 17.

My Mom and Stepdad did a two week western tour,,, hot both of those,,,

they left me home as it was hay season and the farmer needed my 14 year old self on the hay wagon,,,,

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
Got fed up with a cruise cancelling for the 5th time last year so I booked a Costa Rican fishing trip. The trip cast me $4,700.00 for 6 days in country, transfers from San Jose to Quepos, a 2 bedroom house on top of the hill/mountain(could sleep 6 reasonably), 3 days fishing(2 offshore 1inshore), transfers to and from the marina, a private chef one night, and COVID insurance. The price was for up to 4 people. We ate out a lot but we could have cooked in the full furnished kitchen. The lodging was nice and the beds were very comfortable. We had a blast

navywolf

Six Pointer
Wow, that sounds awesome. More info please.
If you have the equipment you can do it on your own, but I haven't done anything like that in years and wasn't going to buy all the equipement for a single trip. I went with NC Outdoor Adventures. They offer a "shorter" rappel down Little Bradley Falls for beginners, then a longer rappel down Big Bradley once you know what you're doing. We did the shorter one since my grandson is 15 and has never been on ropes before. He loved it and wants to do the bigger falls next year when he visits for the summer.
The hike in is fairly short at just under a mile if I remember correctly. You don't have to be in great shape to rappel, but some upper body strength helps.