Fall-Winter Plans

KrisB

Ten Pointer
What do y'all have planned for this fall and/or winter?

My plans have recently been shaping up really nice:

I'm now looking forward to the Virginia Trappers' Convention in mid-October in Bland, VA, which will mean seeing the fall colors in the mountains and getting any last minute trapping supplies. I'm going on my first ever dove hunt with a forum member and his wife on public land in mid-November in western NC. Planning some squirrel hunts with a couple other forum members in November as well.

And I'm taking a week off in January just to go hunt and trap. Since we're off new year's and I don't have to work most weekends, I will actually have 10 days all to myself then. Planning to use them all in the outdoors, depending on the weather.

What are you all looking forward to this fall and winter?

Last edited:

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
What do y'all have planned for this fall and/or winter?

My plans have recently been shaping up really nice:

I'm now looking forward to the Virginia Trappers' Convention in mid-October in Bland, VA, which will mean seeing the fall colors in the mountains and getting any last minute trapping supplies. I'm going on my first ever dove hunt with a forum member and his wife on public land in mid-November in western NC. Planning some squirrel hunts with a couple other forum members in November as well.

And I'm taking a week off in January just to go hunt and trap. Since we're off new year's and I don't have to work most weekends, I will actually have 10 days all to myself then. Planning to use them all in the outdoors, depending on the weather.

What are you all looking forward to this fall and winter?

I have a full fall/winter between work and the outdoors that’s for sure. Mainly just wanted to encourage you to keep that get after it spirit @KrisB. Hold it dear to your heart and cherish it. Good luck chasing those bushy tails!

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Squirrel hunt mostly with several fall turkey hunting days between couple states. Will probably throw in couple deer days hoping the ehd isn't happening if so might not fool with deer.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Probably try to get some of my Spring/Summer projects done that are still unfinished... 😁
Then, start my fall/winter list that may very well go unfinished also...
Or, just fish and hunt while thinking those chores can wait until I have time to get to them...
Either scenario is entirely possible....

Cornbread

Eight Pointer
Have my dogs in the woods chasing squirrels as much as I can, do some deer hunting in gun season, spend time with family.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Dove hunting with you n the wife. Finally getting to chase plotts and walkers during mountain bear seasons. Take a guy from work who’s my age hunting for his first time. Try to close the deal on at least one deer on public land(which means being more proactive scouting). Getting the young kid in the woods as much as I can(he’s already scouted out beaver and coyote sign on his new adoptive family’s land). Like to get him on a bear hunt too. Tennessee coon hunting with @Bluedogman , his hounds, and son. Wife will be in the woods with me this year since she got her hunting license. Mainly wants to dove hunt and chase bear dogs. Trout fishing on a snowy day(that’s serenity 101 for me). continue to go to school full time for welding and working nights and evenings. Continue our Xmas tradition of having a quiet holiday at the house with just me, her, and the dogs. Need to get ole Zeus on the trapline . I moved my waders the other day and he come off the floor howling and barking and jumping around like a puppy. He settled for a ride in the truck to the general store to get him a beef Jerky n cheese . It’s nice when life is “too busy” due to good stuff instead of chaos and crappy situations

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Speckled trout, smallmouth bass, muskies on the fly, then deer with various weapons, in that order...

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Hunting as usual.

I coach archery on school Hunters Safety team, and although it remains to be seen if tournaments and competition will happen in the spring we will prepare as if they will occur. That means practices on Saturday am and an occasional after school practice.

And, spot fishing as soon as they run and some flounder gigging..........

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Whitetail hunting in NC.

Elk hunting in Colorado in October

Winter trout fishing.

Small game hunting. Got a buddy who has some champion beagles, and he has given me an open invite to rabbit hunt with him anytime. I am going to take him up on it.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Find a place to live outside, we’ll outside, of Raleigh.

Get daughter her first deer. Hopefully make a few trips to KY.
I hunted near Oxford this past weekend... you couldn’t pay me to live anywhere close to Durham, or Raleigh

stanley

Four Pointer
deer , duck, maybe bear, and small game in Burke, Hyde, Granville countys Maybe other countys and states

Bluedogman

Six Pointer
I’ll be chasin them hounds with my Two boys and of course @YanceyGreenhorn
Got a nice bear that keeps prowling around the property he may end up in the freezer before it’s over with also getting after a few squirrels this winter and hopefully drop a few coyotes