Fall/Second Fall 2022 Weather Thread

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
Been dancing all around me today. Literally rained at the end of my street and I barely had wet concrete
I don't have a rain gauge but I'd bet we're close to 4 inches for the 6 day period.
Two stalls in our barn had standing water in them after the rain this afternoon.
They've had a few puddles in them before but never had the whole floor under water.
It was raining sideways for a while and blowing right into the barn.
Hoping for some sun and wind tomorrow to dry things out but I hear there's more on the way.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
I don't have a rain gauge but I'd bet we're close to 4 inches for the 6 day period.
Two stalls in our barn had standing water in them after the rain this afternoon.
They've had a few puddles in them before but never had the whole floor under water.
It was raining sideways for a while and blowing right into the barn.
Hoping for some sun and wind tomorrow to dry things out but I hear there's more on the way.

Gonna be a wet 60 or so hrs this weekend into Monday.....some places likely to see 5-8" in that period but it will be localized.....those areas though could definitely see some flash flooding issues etc...PWATS are high meaning a lot of rain in a short period of time is very possible.....the purple/blue hues are 5-6"+ and this only goes out 60 hrs. These are the last two runs, again the exact placement is hard to predict where exactly these training lines of storms will setup....but the models all agree they will happen.

1659154296565.png

1659154467224.png

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Interesting, Thunder CLOSE in Raleigh @ 8:25 on Thursday 8/4/2022, and the local radar shows nothing in Wake county. Pop up storm I reckon.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
As always , my yard is crisp, garden barely hanging on and just across the river it's a rain forest.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
As always , my yard is crisp, garden barely hanging on and just across the river it's a rain forest.

Yeah gonna be a dry period, though I doubt the folks in our mts think that way today, some flash flooding risk in the mts today.....the rest of us have to hold out hope for those very isolated storms to pop over us.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
As we get into Aug and closer to prime cane season the models are starting to warm up, getting some runs with threats to the SE now well out in fantasy land.....still obviously this is well off and going to change a lot....right now the focus is on the fact most models have a few systems and that they get those systems into the western Atl....

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Lows in the high 50s here Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday night, Sunday morning. Dogs will get run…shotguns will get shot to prep for dove hunting, firewood will get hauled, and some things in the deer woods will get checked off. So ready for fall.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lows in the high 50s here Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday night, Sunday morning. Dogs will get run…shotguns will get shot to prep for dove hunting, firewood will get hauled, and some things in the deer woods will get checked off. So ready for fall.

You can afford shells for doves. Ive been using my spare time for collecting good aerodynamic rocks. Im gonna have to go with the wrist rocket.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Figures.

Week BEFORE hunt club workday highs are in the mid 80's low humidity.

WATCH what happens next weekend! Tsunami, Hurricane? Nah, probably just high 90's with wicked high % humidity.

We'll probably be hauling dead human bodies out of the trails we are trying to keep tractor ready. I'll probably be one of them lol.

I recall one evening out at dinner in late August where we sat outside less than 10 years ago because the front passed and the night temp was literally below 67 degrees. Dewpoints very low. 😳

That was only a few years ago.

These Mid August coming cold fronts are NOT our "savior". I just want to know if they are a thing of the past, present, or future?

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I normally mow my grass here about every 12 days.

I went 4 weeks without mowing in June and July and had to rake up pine straw before cutting it then b/c trees were dropping it.

Not only that, the temperature has been at least 3 degrees above average for each day virtually all summet

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Whats Friday look like? I have a full day's worth of outdoor work to do.

Nice temp wise....maybe some rain though in the eastern half of the state, even east of I 95 and they should be spotty shower type stuff....it will warm up over the weekend back to mid 80's but the humidity will stay on the low side for this time of year....

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lots of rain and power out since 6:45 to 1,012 in my area of Raleigh. Repair ETA 12:30 grrrrr.

Last edited:

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
Woke up to a light drizzle this morning here in cabarrus. But the rest of today has been great,NE wind and low 80s man what a break from the heat. Temperatures look good for the next week or so. Might get out the xbow for a test run

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just finished watering what was left of the garden. No rain here for well over a week, it is beautiful and cool but very very dry.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
This all night rain is messing with my plans to fish then burn a brush pile today.
First one of these type rains in awhile for us. I should not complain