Fall/Winter 2021 Weather Thread

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
I got it, I must have accidently removed the line where I said old wives tales are not very accurate lol....the thing about them is that people remember the few times they actually follow but not the many that they dont. My favorite is the ring around the moon one as for me personally that is the one that seems to be the most accurate at predicting snow in the winter.

Gonna be cold rainy day Mon/mon night might see some snow in the NW and NE corners of the state,.....then the latest run had this beauty in the mid range. Eastern NC gets pasted with a foot in this one :)

View attachment 82209
Bring it! Tired of not killing ducks!

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Dont be surprised if you see snow in parts of NC tomorrow night into Monday, maybe even a few slushy inches on grass and cars and elevated surfaces as the low cranks up offshore.....

The models all agree rain will mix with or change to snow for the NE quad of the state....

The Euro model

1641041274444.png

GFS totals though this is probably overdone though the Tidewater of VA could get surprised here....

1641041511182.png

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
To highlight how quickly the Colorado fires exploded these people were simply doing their grocery shopping.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Tomorrow night gonna be a big slap in the face and a lot of people wont believe till they see it but its coming....

1641045367879.png

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It was still 71 degrees at 11:00 pm last night. Crazy!!!!
Yeah, we were fishing in the mountains the past two days. In the Boone/BR area, it was 65 degrees up there yesterday on Jan. 1. And not just 65 for a high, but the day started and finished at 60 degrees. Now they're expecting 4-6 inches of snow tonight. That will be whiplash.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
It was still 71 degrees at 11:00 pm last night. Crazy!!!!

It really is crazy, that is 20-25 degrees above normal for the AVERAGE HIGH for the day lol.....its easily 30-40 degrees above normal for that time of night. If it was that far below normal temps would be well below zero....

timber

Twelve Pointer
Had ac on in house yesterday and today some. Tomorrow they calling for snow. Some something on news where they were closing Orange County school tomorrow because of expected snow. Guess typical NC weather. The good thing think I am far enough East not to see snow this time.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
It sounds like I’ve got 3 inches of rain so far, lights dimming. Possibly an exaggerated estimate but boy do I wonder if I have shingles left lol. Can’t wait to see the muck and mire in daylight. Put in a new gravel road last week, hopefully it didn’t wash away.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Surprised the work phone didn’t ring off the hook. Three trees down along the road within a mile of my house. One of them explains the thump I thoughts I heard around 3:30

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Oh wonderful…..2.5 inches and counting here and it looks like another 8 hours to go. We’re gonna end up with 5+ inches. Oh well…..I enjoyed not having to fish mud for a little while anyways. Back to monsoon season.

Clark

Ten Pointer
Won't be a drought after this. Outside a hurricane I've never seen it rain so hard. Glad I'm not driving in this.
Just got back home :rolleyes: . Made it almost to the lake but the gusts went up to 45, the lightning got intense, water standing on the road and blowing the truck sideways. trees down. Decided I did not want to be on the lake in a 14' and turned around. My wife called while I was on the way back. Son called to make sure I was not out. What kind of idiot do they think I am??? Better post this before the power goes out again!

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Tell you this much, the flash flood warning klaxon alerts are a long time too late. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand the odds are in favor.

Six Pointer
2.5" rain so far in Roxboro. I can't remember the wind being this high and constant this far inland in a while. We still have power and internet. I glad ground was not we before or there would be tons more trees down. Y'all be safe and smart.