Fall/Winter 2021 Weather Thread

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My Herman Miller was $350 and worth every penny but I digress
2-3"'s. ....That means the whether "forecasters" in our area will sit down in their Herman Miller $1,100 chairs and lie back and THINK, maybe even BELIEVE, they served the populous.

Compare that to their broadcast on say last Tuesday......

If they were the CEO of a company giving future guidance, the board of directors would fire them.

But tonight, and other storms, they get a free pass.

Ticks

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Ice was forming here in New Bern when we walked up to outback. Slick on everything but the roads.
Staying at the hotel by the Outback? I’m originally from Craven Co. There‘s a Mennonite restaurant downtown (Baker’s Kitchen) that people like. I haven’t been in years, but used to go to Capt. Ratty’s (downtown) for seafood.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My Herman Miller followed me home in 2012 when I closed down our Fayetteville office,,, that chair has served my butt since April 2006 ,,,,

need a new one,,, left arm finally gave out this week,,, only 15+ years of service,,,,
It took me about 10 years of back pain and wrist pain but I finally wised up. Actually found one at the dump here by the house about 6 months ago and for $50 put a new cylinder in it and now it's at my reloading table. I know reload with my pinky stuck out....

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It took me about 10 years of back pain and wrist pain but I finally wised up. Actually found one at the dump here by the house about 6 months ago and for $50 put a new cylinder in it and now it's at my reloading table. I know reload with my pinky stuck out....

like a fool, I didn’t scarf the 40+ others,,,, could of been my retirement fund :mosh:

timber

Twelve Pointer
No snow or ice yet just a steady light rain and wind here since last night.

My son sent me a short video of the wind he took right before sundown sitting in a duck blind around Ocracoke this afternoon. I have deer and bobcat hunted in some tuff weather over the years but wouldn’t sit through that for a duck of any kind

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
A little ice just rolled into Wilmington. More action near rockingham

Attachments

• 03A1D8E5-C2C6-46C3-81B8-1DB3EF056BB4.jpeg
    03A1D8E5-C2C6-46C3-81B8-1DB3EF056BB4.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 9C6F6DE3-9BE8-4C4B-B885-DA5798F3918D.jpeg
    9C6F6DE3-9BE8-4C4B-B885-DA5798F3918D.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 27

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
We got a couple inches here in Greensboro which was a nice surprise. Took me about 40 minutes to get home from work which is usually about a 12 minute drive. Every single car that passed me or tried to pass me on 40 ended up on the side of the road or in the ditch turned around. I gave a courtesy honk to every single one of them as I drove on by lol 21 degrees and pouring snow is my kind of paradise.

Last edited:

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Remember I called it for Georgia unlike election night. The MegaEvent 2.0 was a bust, looks like less than two inches. Not heavy or big flakes just nice dry snow, hard to make a snowball. I took the boys out before bed just in case it melts by daybreak like last night’s dusting.

That’s it for January.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Remember I called it for Georgia unlike election night. The MegaEvent 2.0 was a bust, looks like less than two inches. Not heavy or big flakes just nice dry snow, hard to make a snowball. I took the boys out before bed just in case it melts by daybreak like last night’s dusting.

That’s it for January.

we got a few inches and I was out at 5AM with the dogs,,, good packable snow right now,,, to bad grandboys are in Orlando or we'd have some snow fun before I head over to hang out rabbit looking/chasing

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Looking out at the Jeep’s I’d say we have 3” max. It was almost all snow. Only watched sleet for minutes yesterday.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
33 in New Orleans….. ground is covered in broken uneven concrete…..expect that’s all we will see today…..weatherman nailed it down here…..

now what about next weeks storm….. I’m headed home Thursday

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Exactly 2" here and 14 degrees at the moment. A nice fluffy, squeaky dry powder.

I'll take it.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
My guess here is a little less than 2” this morning. More than what I expected.
We hung on to the warm nose a little longer than I wanted to so we had maybe half to 3/4 inch of sleet and close to 4 inches. Never underestimate the warm nose.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Solid 4-6" event around the area....looks like ice totals on the coast where lighter than they could have been so thats a plus, did see some reports of over .50" around Richlands etc...but power outage maps show low numbers all things considered.

snow resize 1.jpg

timber

Twelve Pointer
How do they like peanuts?

peanuts must be like crack to them especially in august and September. Have seen them go down the row with their feet pawing them up. This time of year a lot of what is left is usually rotten. Guess because was such a dry fall some are still good. Not sure why unless the variety but a lot shedded off when they dug these last fall

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
peanuts must be like crack to them especially in august and September. Have seen them go down the row with their feet pawing them up. This time of year a lot of what is left is usually rotten. Guess because was such a dry fall some are still good. Not sure why unless the variety but a lot shedded off when they dug these last fall

What about the actual plant itself do they like it when’s it’s green.