fall turkey

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You can kill red fox squirrels and black and grey phase grey squirrels also. They will be square as bricks getting ready for winter. Just make darn sure ur azz is out of the woods by 11-15.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
and avoid porkies!
I was coming back to this thread to say if you have a good rapport with your vet you may want to mention going and see if they will mix up you a batch of sedative just in case. What mine mixes is a combo of three drugs and you use it 1/10th ml per 10# of BW you inject it and they will be completely lethargic in mins. You can pull all the quills you need. They won't fight one bit. You finish up, give them an antibiotic and they sleep it of the rest of the day/night. Next day you are good. If not it is about $4-500 a pop for a vet to pull them up there.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
I'll be interested in hearing a report on the turkey hunting. Heading up there next year to spring hunt for the first time. Sounds like a fun mixed-bag trip for sure.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Good deal sounds like blast weather should be nice for walking and dog running. I'm looking forward to spring turkey up there this coming season never been in the state before

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I traveled the UP back in the 70s

No turkeys back then

Looking forward to this fall

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Love driving through the UP, my choice of travel going to my property, bit slower but better the top end of the lakes than going the southern way and ending up in Chicago for traffic

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ok got it. I remember fellas that invited me up to turkey hunt did say that was insane time of year there must be true
I hunted that area for several years squirrel hunting and got to know quite a few locals. They don't even like to be in the woods then if that tells you anything.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
drew a fall turkey tag for Michigan's UP

gonna mix dog training, grouse hunting, and some fall flyfishing with some turkey chasing!!

I'm jealous. That will be a fun trip. The upper midwest/great lakes is beautiful in October. When are you going?

I did the grouse and turkey hunting with a dog in N. PA 2 years ago, then grouse and pheasant last year in MN. I've been wanting to get to MI to try a grouse/salmon trip. I've waited too late now though.