Fall turkey survey? Lol

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
We are covered up in VA... my buddy counted 47 turkeys in 1 flock ...all hens!

Said he counted 4x to make sure

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
by my personal survey this fall, the population is at an all time high. very limited observation but the metrics don't lie.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Them fall flocks are fun and can get real loud in mornings but at same time makes fall hunting tough spent week feeling like looking for needle in haystack couple weeks ago

pir8rn

Six Pointer
I've seen more turkey than deer this year. And its not one turkey, zero deer. Its like 9 deer, 14 turkeys...

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Them fall flocks are fun and can get real loud in mornings but at same time makes fall hunting tough spent week feeling like looking for needle in haystack couple weeks ago

The hardest part about fall turkey hunting is finding them, IMO. Especially when you have to travel out of state to hunt and can't scout any.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
The hardest part about fall turkey hunting is finding them, IMO. Especially when you have to travel out of state to hunt and can't scout any.
Very true if we had fall season could tag a nc bird no problem just due to fact of being able keep up with them.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Do any of you call to turkeys you see while deer hunting?
Every chance in get you will never catch me in woods without a call. Heck with my luck this fall its the only interaction I'm gonna get this fall unless I get lucky at Christmas in Va and get on some

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
We see birds nearly every time we go to our lease. Now that I bought a call and getting practiced up, I am sure they will disappear in April.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
We see birds nearly every time we go to our lease. Now that I bought a call and getting practiced up, I am sure they will disappear in April.
If you got nesting food and strut areas birds will likely be there go out late March at daylight take listen and you'll know

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
I'll be hunting deer in the morning and will definitely take a turkey call with me.

I found a flock of 10 gobblers that morning.

Yesterday, I actually went hunting and found a flock, but couldn't get them to come all the way in.

We are covered up in VA... my buddy counted 47 turkeys in 1 flock ...all hens!

Said he counted 4x to make sure

I am wrapped up too, can’t wait for the spring.

Attachments

• 52F4EE63-001E-4C3B-A53C-640F05CF0CE4.jpeg
    52F4EE63-001E-4C3B-A53C-640F05CF0CE4.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 21
  • C948B085-F8A9-47E5-922F-F976D6DE8A53.jpeg
    C948B085-F8A9-47E5-922F-F976D6DE8A53.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 20

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
How long you been getting pics of white one ? Just curious on guessed age and if you see any others from years past

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Found some today that were willing to come in quietly where I could get a bead on one.

cd1eccc7650dd10eea17183a4a88e7c6.jpg
30fe8a0c77d462fb993a6d60e8e1be1c.jpg

930295cf8e8ad2fe7deb280dfab4b1d5.jpg

c97dc92a53d54681d1dce678dbe1005f.jpg

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Having rough go of it here in Va poured rain over 2 inches since here thur. Now snow which wouldn't be bad but ground is pure slop no birds seen

Attachments

• 1222181056.jpg
    1222181056.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 6