F150 FYI

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
I bought a 2010 brand new as a hunting truck . Got over 100 thousand dirt road miles and never heard of a transmission recall , Transmission has slipped until it gets warmed up since about 50 thousand. Figured it was just dirt roads. But I do not do maintenance on it so that may be a problem.
If you start up and take off it will slip. It needs to build pressure for it to not slip, usually 30 seconds. It's never good to fire up and take off on anything. Let it warm up.

navywolf

Six Pointer
2014 here with 100K, so I'm a bit behind most of you guys but no trans problems yet. I did have the cab corners collect water through and need cut and repainted.

Packfan

Eight Pointer
I have a 2011 eco-boost with 314,000+ miles on it that I am driving today.I’ve put all but probably 1k of those miles on it. No transmission problems so far that I know of. It’s towed bobcats, mini ex’s, construction trailers, and done probably 150k of those miles empty at 75+mph. Heck, one time I even pulled out a stuck loaded semi (across slick flat ground) who couldn’t catch traction while he was delivering shavings to our farm.

The only problems that i have ever had is turbos at 165k and timing chain at 300k. Oil changes every 10k and transmission changes every 100k right on schedule. I’ve never even serviced the axles.

There are lemons in everything though. My 2017 f250 moonroof has leaked since 25k and i can’t figure out where it’s coming from. I have had it apart 3 times now. Ford didn’t do anything about that one though since 25k came just after the 36 month warranty was up.

Levi

Spike
If it makes you feel any better 2015 Silverado heads replaced twice and rear end once 70,350 miles

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I bought a 2010 brand new as a hunting truck . Got over 100 thousand dirt road miles and never heard of a transmission recall , Transmission has slipped until it gets warmed up since about 50 thousand. Figured it was just dirt roads. But I do not do maintenance on it so that may be a problem.

Add a quart of TransX to your transmission.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have a 2011 eco-boost with 314,000+ miles on it that I am driving today.I’ve put all but probably 1k of those miles on it. No transmission problems so far that I know of. It’s towed bobcats, mini ex’s, construction trailers, and done probably 150k of those miles empty at 75+mph. Heck, one time I even pulled out a stuck loaded semi (across slick flat ground) who couldn’t catch traction while he was delivering shavings to our farm.

The only problems that i have ever had is turbos at 165k and timing chain at 300k. Oil changes every 10k and transmission changes every 100k right on schedule. I’ve never even serviced the axles.

There are lemons in everything though. My 2017 f250 moonroof has leaked since 25k and i can’t figure out where it’s coming from. I have had it apart 3 times now. Ford didn’t do anything about that one though since 25k came just after the 36 month warranty was up.
buddy has had the moon roof issue twice in warranty and now once out of warranty.

ALL VEHICLES SUCK nowadays.
all these 9+ speed transmissions are worthless.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
buddy has had the moon roof issue twice in warranty and now once out of warranty.

ALL VEHICLES SUCK nowadays.
all these 9+ speed transmissions are worthless.

Those super complicated 9+ speed transmissions are what gives us ridiculous torque, HP, and mileage in the same vehicle. If someone told us 30 years ago we could have a full size, dual cab, loaded, 4x4, gasoline pickup that gets 20mpg on the highway we would’ve laughed. If they’d said it’ll get 9-10 while towing 7,000 lbs, we would’ve called them stupid. But yeah, they can have some problems.

I miss my old 1979 F100 with a 300ci straight six and three on the tree, but I don’t miss it that much.

:)

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Those super complicated 9+ speed transmissions are what gives us ridiculous torque, HP, and mileage in the same vehicle. If someone told us 30 years ago we could have a full size, dual cab, loaded, 4x4, gasoline pickup that gets 20mpg on the highway we would’ve laughed. If they’d said it’ll get 9-10 while towing 7,000 lbs, we would’ve called them stupid. But yeah, they can have some problems.

I miss my old 1979 F100 with a 300ci straight six and three on the tree, but I don’t miss it that much.

:)
torque? what torque, and the suck at towing. had and older model truck with same motor but better trans. truck had more power, towed anything without issues and would get up and go if you wanted to. this new trans won't do chit. it moves, but in it's own time. has a hard time towing anything and will never win a race..... o, but it gets 5 more miles per gallon.🙄
if I wanted gas mileage, I'd drive the honda.

Bring back real trucks!!!

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
6 forward speeds is plenty to get good economy and be good at towing as well, imo. Good for a truck.

I do like the 8 speeds FCA is using in passenger vehicle applications though.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
torque? what torque, and the suck at towing. had and older model truck with same motor but better trans. truck had more power, towed anything without issues and would get up and go if you wanted to. this new trans won't do chit. it moves, but in it's own time. has a hard time towing anything and will never win a race..... o, but it gets 5 more miles per gallon.🙄
if I wanted gas mileage, I'd drive the honda.

Bring back real trucks!!!

I’m looking forward to that Accord pulling a tractor!