Experience with Moultrie A-40i or M-50i ?

rangerxp

Eight Pointer
Anyone used either or both Moultrie A-40i or M-50i ?
I'm looking at buying one and can't decide which ? I've read reviews that say the M series have setup issues .
I have the A-25 and for a cheaper cam it does well and setup is easy.
I also have a Moultrie 990ixt which I like best and would really like to be able to compare to the A-40i & M-50i .

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have 3 of the A40i. Not sure what setup issues people might have? So far they are my favorite camera to date.

They are small, compact, use AA's, quick trigger, decent battery life, very easy to set up, show battery life and images taken on the start screen, take quality pictures, and most of all, they are still running after 2 years. Compared to the 888, it is half the size considerably better pics. It seems like Moultrie's setup is almost identical across recent models.

m23cbl

Six Pointer
I’ve got two i40. I had to send both back to moultree after one season. I’m not complaining though because moultree sent me two brand new ones without having to jump through many hoops. I’ve used them this whole season with no problems. Great pictures and battery life. Hard to beat for the money imo. Picture quality goes down when battery life gets around 20%. I bought mine off Walmart.com and got a four year extended warranty for $10 for each camera. I think they are going to regret that lol. Sample picD9881507-140B-4DFF-921E-110E5B5B6D4A.jpeg

redbow

Ten Pointer
Not sure of the models, but I've been using Moultrie cameras for the past 4 years without any problems. I use the $70-$80 ones from Walmart