Expandable broadhead

Andrewd

Six Pointer
What’s everyone using for a expanding broadhead out of a crossbow. My bow shoots around 360fps if that matters.

Andrewd

Six Pointer
I like the look and idea of the no collar. Do they come with the practice head also. I looked and did not see it listed.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Just an aside, but I recently read something very interesting. According to an article in the August / September 2019 Issue (Volume 26 Issue 4) of QDMA's "Quality Whitetails" magazine, page 56 "Does Broadhead Choice Really Matter?" … it does.

The study discussed concluded that mechanical blades were actually MORE effective than fixed blade. Using both compound bows and crossbows, hunters who used fixed blade broadheads recovered 82.3% of the deer they shot, while hunters who used mechanical broadheads recovered 90.7 % of the deer they shot. The separate recovery numbers for fixed vs mechanical for compound and crossbows were 82.4% / 88.6% for compound and a larger spread of 81.7% / 93.7% for crossbows.

Anyway, I though folks might find this interesting.

22LR

Twelve Pointer
As far as a fixed blade crossbow broadheads. I tried a Slicktrick mag 100 grain. It held the same point of impact with a 100 grain field point.

BootMud

Button Buck
I like the slick tricks but have used the cabelas laser supreme expandable for the past couple of years and been happy with the performance.

Sp8

Ten Pointer
I use Bass pro shops Gator XP 100 grain in my compound and in my wife's crossbow.

MAM3006

Six Pointer
Shwacker 125's. I used to use Rage and really like then until had one deploy on me before hitting the deer. No such issue with Shwacker and the blood trails are every bit as good. Massive exit wounds....

Aaron871

Four Pointer
Rage Extreme chronographed at 378.

A few have broke the blades off on impact of a deer, but they are the only ones that fly true for me. A well placed shot is worth more to me than a wide wound channel. I easily found both deer where I broke blades.

BASSFAN07

Twelve Pointer
Rage crossbow trypan. Trypan was lights out in my slow bow so the crossbow version I hope will be just As good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbaldwin

Six Pointer
150 Swhackers. My bow and scope are set up for 380fps and 150 heads. Shot today out to 50 with no problems. Never will shoot a deer that far but it is capable...

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
Shwacker 125's. I used to use Rage and really like then until had one deploy on me before hitting the deer. No such issue with Shwacker and the blood trails are every bit as good. Massive exit wounds....

Just curious, What happened when it deployed before hitting deer?

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
I use the Rage Chisel-Tip SlipCam 3-Blade Broadhead with Shock Collar. I've used it in my crossbow and compound bow. Attached are a couple photos from the recent deer I shot with my compound bow but it's flying at 305fps currently as chronographed. If you look closely you can see where one blade hit a rib and severed it completely in two. The blades all held together and barely show any ware other than a couple dings in the blade.

IMG9526681.jpgIMG9526691.jpg