exercise time,,,

nontypical

Ten Pointer
A tandem dump truck holds about 15-16 tons. He is man handling a half of load of i'm guessing either ABC stone or UCL base.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
well,,,first half spread,,,a liitle under two hours of shovel/wheel barrow work,,,,tomorrow afternoon I'll do the rest,,,,then go to smooting some before packing,,,,excuse the lousy picture,,,,worked out muscles may have been quivering a bit for the dark afternoon!!

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks for the photo.

Crusher run?

I've got about a 500' concrete driveway. I need to add stone to each side, and I was wondering what that amount looks like.

Thanks again and good luck.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I was wondering what that amount looks like.

it don't look like much when it's piled there,,,,but it's a lot of rock

yes, ABC is crusher run,,,,I used it at my old place,,,,once it packed down it was hard as all get out but I am no driveway or rock guru,,,

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I was gonna guess manure? Figuring you're (your for Tip) getting the wife's garden ready for spring?

I can come help you with that by the way. BUt I know I'm busy, until RIGHT after your done. THEN, I'm available and able!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
it don't look like much when it's piled there,,,,but it's a lot of rock

yes, ABC is crusher run,,,,I used it at my old place,,,,once it packed down it was hard as all get out but I am no driveway or rock guru,,,

I can tell you this, there is NO more FERTILE place to get your (you're for TIP) grass seed to grow than a crush and run driveway! I speak from experience. I could grow the most drought/shade/poor soil seed that exists all throughout mine.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
that outfit doesn't allow dumpdrive,,,I've tried that with them

I guess they give you a pretty good price?

I've used a couple different delivery companies here and both spread it pretty well. I still end up working it a couple hours with the tractor. If I didn't have a tractor that would be a deal breaker regardless of the money.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
Lot of work but seems a small price to be for a driveway that looks like that, The wife and I are saving to get out of town and the can't come soon enough.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
see I see it as a method of exercise,,,can leave my place and "hit a gym" or I can do stuff here, work the body,,,meditate,,let pup run around,,,listen for crittters,,,and stay in shape for the next time I need to tote a moose out of the woods,,,,

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks for the photo.

Crusher run?

I've got about a 500' concrete driveway. I need to add stone to each side, and I was wondering what that amount looks like.

Thanks again and good luck.

I wonder if you could tailgate it out of the truck onto the concrete, then come back with a angled straight blade on a tractor. I think if you were slow and careful, you could broom off any remaining. Never tried, just my thought.