Ever Eat Wild Oscar Fish??

Jrbrandt25

Ten Pointer
Contributor
We use to catch the crap out of them in Fort Lauderdale hitting the channels and they do get pretty big as soon as I red Oscar's I knew they were in Florida great video looks like you got a great wife it enjoys the outdoors she's a keeper

darenative

Twelve Pointer
NIce, looks like fun. We're headed to the keys to chase tarpon,permit, and bonefish in july and are flying into Miami. We have a guide booked for a couple of days to fish for peacocks and cichlids around Miami before we head to the keys.

Last edited:

Jrbrandt25

Ten Pointer
Contributor
NIce, looks like fun. We're headed to the keys to chase tarpon,permit, and bonefish in july and are fying into Miami. We have a guide booked for a couple of days to fish for peacocks and cichlids around Miami before we head to the keys.
Peacocks are a fun fish !,I miss south Florida

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
NIce, looks like fun. We're headed to the keys to chase tarpon,permit, and bonefish in july and are fying into Miami. We have a guide booked for a couple of days to fish for peacocks and cichlids around Miami before we head to the keys.

You get one of the old “dare county boys” that guides down there?

darenative

Twelve Pointer
You get one of the old “dare county boys” that guides down there?[/Q
You get one of the old “dare county boys” that guides down there?

Yep. We are fishing with Pat and another buddy of his that guides around cudjoe key.
Can't remember the guides name in Miami off the top of my head.
It's my sons first fishing trip to the keys and he's super excited.

ducknut

Eight Pointer
Dad had them as pets growing up. I got one for my wife. They would attack anything that made it into the tanks. Cats tails, your hands while feeding them. They would try to attack the dogs when the walked past the tank. My buddy's loved turning the porch light on during the summer to attract moths, Flys, spiders, really anything they could get they're hands on to throw in the aquarium with the oscar. Really aggressive fish

EBOutdoors

Button Buck
I hate to say I had never heard of an Oscar,but they look like good eating.
Definitely gotta give it a try! Super easy to catch down here. One guy and his wife told us they fill up a 150 gal cooler in one day. There's no limit so people just catch as many as they can I guess

EBOutdoors

Button Buck
We use to catch the crap out of them in Fort Lauderdale hitting the channels and they do get pretty big as soon as I red Oscar's I knew they were in Florida great video looks like you got a great wife it enjoys the outdoors she's a keeper
THanks man! We love to get out on the water or in the woods as much as possible. She's from Arkansas so she's always down for an outdoor adventure

EBOutdoors

Button Buck
NIce, looks like fun. We're headed to the keys to chase tarpon,permit, and bonefish in july and are flying into Miami. We have a guide booked for a couple of days to fish for peacocks and cichlids around Miami before we head to the keys.
That's awesome! Tarpon are such a good fight. You should try to make it out dolphin fishing too if you can. Also in the keys the mangrove snapper are a lot of fun and great to eat. You can catch them all day in the inlets and finger cuts

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Have had few over the years in the fish tank, should have eaten em when they got too big! Fun fish to keep, would crush feeder fish but pita to keep the tank clean.