Ever catch strange things on a trail cam

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I did not know that foxes were omnivores until I watched one eat from my corn pile a few seasons ago.

The sewer line right of way on our farm functions as a pedestrian highway too.
This is just a cleared spot deep in the woods, but there is a vehicle path to it. They walked right through my corn pile. You can see my tree stand behind them. They probably didn't see the stand and there was another picture of them going back the way they came about 1 minute later. I assume they saw my mineral block and turned around. There was no way they could have gotten there without walking by a posted sign.

mbh78

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I did not know that foxes were omnivores until I watched one eat from my corn pile a few seasons ago.

The sewer line right of way on our farm functions as a pedestrian highway too.
Those are coyotes, but grey foxes will eat corn and apples too.

Deerherder

Ten Pointer
Those are coyotes, but grey foxes will eat corn and apples too.

I guess I should have clarified my original post, I know those are coyotes, it’s interesting to me that they & foxes will eat corn. I never would have believed it if I had t seen it with my own eyes.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
c2d887b0d67915235846f93dfbbd6820.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

auburnpack

Button Buck
Amish snooping around my spot in Ohio. Still have no idea what's in his left hand.

Attachments

• IMG_7987.jpg
    IMG_7987.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 112

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Posted this one years ago, my lab ran this wounded deer down one morning. We were duck hunting and heard someone on the neighboring property shoot several times with a rifle. Cooper normally runs beside the golf cart on the way back to the house but this morning he stayed missing for a few hours. He finally came home, and a few days later when I pulled the card this was on there. You can see he still has his neoprene vest on.
6bb9194e9e944bcff4c8d8c60115470d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Either that or a barred owl. After checking some owl pics, the bird is a barred owl. Barn owls are uncommon, but are found worldwide. The dark above the eyes give it away.

Yep. A Barred Owl. Barn Owls have a heart-shaped face and are smaller. We get them roosting and raising young every year nearby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk